Three runners claim IC4A and ECAC qualifying times

Freshman Brendan Johnson and seniors John Pope and Julia Sullivan headlined with qualifying times for Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletes of America (IC4A) and Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC) this weekend.

Johnson and Pope registered IC4A and ECAC qualifying times in the 5,000 meter run at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational in New York. Pope finished in eleventh with a time of 14:30.58 and Johnson finished in sixth with a time of 14:37.72.

Sullivan, who placed sixth in the 3,000 meter run finished with a time of 9:43.6. This was the third fastest time in program history as well as Sullivan’s personal best.

Meanwhile senior Krystal Foster placed 13th in the 5,000 meter with a time of 18:04.50, the sixth fastest time in AU history.

Sophomore Kelseagh Budris and sophomore Anike Oladeji ran the 800 meter run and placed sixtieth and seventy-first, finishing times with 2:21.34 and 2:25.75, respectively. Budris’ time was the sixth fastest in program history and Oladeji’s the ninth in school history.

For the rest the men’s team, junior Nick Regan competed in the 5,000 meter championship finishing in 14:55.25 and taking thirteenth place.

Both freshman Peter Rowe and senior Matiss Batarags competed in the men’s mile with Rowe finishing nineteenth coming in at 4:21.63 and Batarags running a personal best of 4:22.61 to finish in twenty-first place.

The Eagles will continue to prepare for the Patriot League Indoor Championships on Feb. 21 and Feb. 22 in Lewisburg, Pa .