The M&M Report: Super Bowl, Olympics and all things sports

Welcome to the latest episode of The M&M Report, The Eagle’s pop culture podcast. This week, The Eagle columnist Devin Mitchell and lifestyle editor Mark Lieberman welcomed sports editor Eric Saltzman for a lively discussion of this week’s biggest sports-related pop culture developments: Super Bowl Sunday and the beginning of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Listen as they recap their favorite and least favorite commercials, consider Peyton Manning’s waning career, anticipate the biggest Olympics narratives and criticize NBC for its lackluster coverage of the winter games.

Be sure to tune in to next week’s M&M Report, in which Mitchell and Lieberman will discuss NBC’s ongoing late-night transition and review some of their favorite new TV shows of 2014 so far.

The Olympics will air in primetime on NBC every night this week and next. Be sure to look at the full schedules of Olympics events here. For full TV listings, check here.

Theme Music: “Booty Dew” by GS Boyz

Timecodes:

Super Bowl — 3:45 – 21:15
Winter Olympics — 21:15 – 35:20

Listen to last week’s episode of The M&M Report, which featured a discussion of “Girls” and “Her” with special guests Lindsay Sandoval and Chloe Johnson, here. Stream and download previous episodes at Lieberman’s blog.

scene@theeagleonline.com