King Krule and Tops to perform at Rock & Roll Hotel

King Krule (real name Archy Marshall) is the definition of up and coming. The 19-year-old British singer/songwriter made his full-length debut this year with “Six Feet Beneath the Moon” following a series of singles and an EP.

“Easy Easy,” the single released off his newest album, received widely positive reviews.

Even in his previous releases, some of which were under his old name, Zoo Kid, Marshall had already captured the hearts of many with his incredibly unique, deep and powerful voice. This voice, made even more lovable with the slur of his accent, coupled with his harsh yet soothing guitar style makes one feel as if they were in a late-night soul club listening in person to the artist pour his soul out through music.

Marshall often allows his voice and guitar to play out side by side on their own, but also commonly uses drum machines, sample loops and some electronic elements in his songs. This skill as a producer has launched him slightly into certain experimental hip-hop circles, becoming a friend and frequent feature to musicians such as Ratking, Mount Kimbie and Black Mack.

For fans of soul, lo-fi, indie rock or just British musicians in general, the raw power of King Krule’s music is bound to sweep all up in its emotion and integrity.

King Krule will be performing with Tops on Dec. 6 at the Rock and Roll Hotel. Doors open at 7 p.m., show is at 8 p.m.