React to Film AU hosts new drug documentary

React to Film AU will hosting a screening of “How to Make Money Selling Drugs,” a film about Americans’ purchase and selling of drugs, on Nov. 5 at 7 p.m. in the MGC University Club.

The film takes a different approach to the issue of Americans buying and selling drugs. While other documentaries have a tendency to guilt audiences into paying attention to the message, “How to Make Money Selling Drugs” uses key characteristics of America’s love for capitalism and its self-titled dream as an appeal.

“It approaches the subject [of selling drugs] uniquely from a sympathetic vision, of the attraction, of making money in an economy that has gone to hell,” said Eric Sterling, the president of he Criminal Justice Policy Foundation and a former AU adjunct.

Among the ex-drug distributors and king pins, the documentary also features celebrities such as 50 Cent, Eminem, Susan Sarandon and Woody Harrelson to discuss drug culture and what it means “to be against drugs.”

“I am certain the AU students who see this movie will not only be very entertained but will be inspired to take action to end three deaths and injustices of the war on drugs,” said Sterling.

Sterling and Neill Franklin, a former police officer who is now the executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, will lead a panel discussion after the film’s screening.