Festivalgoers enjoy the sights and sounds at “Art in the Mix.”

‘Art in the Mix’ festival draws stylish crowd in Brookland

Fashionistas of all ages showcased their personal street style as they attended “Art in the Mix!” at the Monroe Street Market in Brookland on Oct. 26.

Attendees gathered around for a Q&A and book signing with special guest Scott Schuman, a noted fashion photographer best known for his street fashion blog “The Sartorialist.”

“I like to capture a story with every picture,” Schuman said. “Fascination can be captured on different levels channeled through fashion.”

Despite the chilly weather, festival-goers spent the rest of the day in their hippest ensembles, popping in and out of the 27 open garage artist studios featured along the Arts Walk.

Guests enjoyed local art while munching on quesadillas from one of the many food trucks and moving to the beats of local DJs.

“We make art, we talk, we flirt and have fun,” Spence the Handsome of the Washington Drawing Center, a local artist, said.

The festival also offered local artists and community programs an opportunity to share their work like weekend drawing classes with the public.

The event also featured a free photo booth, face painters, balloon artists and a Beer Garden, making this event an all-day extravaganza for all ages.

Still mourning that one show that was cancelled before you could see how it ends? Couch Potatoes co-hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu have you covered as they discuss all the series that shouldn't have ended when they did.