Sunday, Sept. 1, 2024

Leonard Hall entrance to temporarily close for construction

Students living in Leonard Hall will not be able to use the building’s main entrance from March 29 until April 5 due to Cassell Hall construction, according to an email sent out to Leonard Hall students.

Leonard Hall residents will have access to McDowell Hall in order to use the bridge between the two buildings. The access will be revoked once Leonard reopens, according to the email.

Leonard mail and packages will also be redirected for pickup at McDowell’s front desk, said Sophia Benedicktus, Housing and Dining associate director residential facilities.

The roadway outside of Leonard Hall was turned into a construction site on March 20 in order to connect an underground steam pipe to Cassell Hall. The work will continue for the next three to five weeks.

There are two stages of the construction: the first phase will address the roadway to the south of the building and is expected to take one to two weeks to complete. The second involves the roadway in front of the north side of Leonard Hall.

smurphy@theeagleonline.com