Campus plan construction on schedule despite weather

School of Communications at McKinley to be finished without problems

Construction for the new School of Communication is expected to be finished by the first week of December 2013, according to Director of Construction Management at AU Daniel Hanlon.

No significant problems have arisen during the building’s construction.

“Weather will continue to be a concern for the hardscape and landscaping elements as the project moves into the spring and summer,” Hanlon said.

Cassell Hall construction not affected by weather

Inclement weather is not expected to slow the construction of Cassell Hall during the rest of the winter.

“We are getting to the point of being independent of outside conditions like snow,” AU construction manager Tony Esse said.

Laying of concrete at Cassell Hall has been finished and the roof and windows will be added to the building this week, according to Esse.

Nebraska Hall to be finished on time despite earlier problems

The Nebraska Hall addition is also on schedule to be finished by Aug. 8, despite minor problems during the beginning of construction, according to Esse.

Problems arose when construction teams ran into the foundations of older buildings while digging to make room for the addition.

Development slowed while removing these remnants, but the building is still on time for its late summer completion date.

“Since it is a smaller project, it will go a lot quicker [than Cassell Hall],” Esse said.