Four students forcibly fondled on Massachusetts Avenue

Update: Oct. 2 at 1:38 p.m.

All four victims are female students at AU, according to Associate Director of Media Relations Maralee Csellar.

Original story

Four people were forcibly fondled on Massachusetts Avenue, according an Oct. 1 memo sent by the Department of Public Safety to the AU community. The crimes have taken place since Sept. 24. All incidents took place between main campus and the Berkshire Apartments, when victims were walking either early in the morning or late at night, the memo said.

According to the Department of Public Safety's daily crime log, the incidents occurred at the following times:

• Sept. 24 at  2:30 a.m • Sept. 28 at 7:10 a.m. • Sept. 30 at 11:40 p.m. • Oct. 1 at 2:04 a.m.

All victims were grabbed in the buttocks, while one was also grabbed in the chest. DPS declined to comment on the gender of the victims.

“The suspect has been described as a Caucasian male between 20-and 30-years-old, and between 5’7” and 5’10” tall.  He has been seen wearing a sweatshirt, dark blue hoodie and blue jeans,” the memo said.

Adam Cooper, the Clery Act compliance coordinator for Public Safety, said he could not release any additional details about the suspect since the crimes are still part of an ongoing investigation

Under the Clery Act, colleges that use federal financial aid are required to notify the public of criminal activity that occurs both on and around their campuses.

Public Safety will send extra patrols around the Massachusetts Avenue area following the incidents.

Metropolitan Police Department did not respond to requests for comment before publication.

agreco@theeagleonline.com