Hallinan and Lilley victorious in 1500m

Seniors Steve Hallinan and Kate Lilley won their respective 1500-meter runs on Friday as the AU track and field teams competed at the Bison Outdoor Games over the weekend.

Hallinan took home first place with a season-best time of 3:44.28, finishing ahead of Yale's Jared Bell for the victory. Hallinan's time was the top 1500-meter time in the PL this season and also automatically qualified him for the NCAA East Regional championship meet, joining junior teammate Carlos Jamieson in the same event.

Three other Eagles also ran in the 1500-meter race. Jamieson took sixth with a time of 3:47.98, while Brendan Fennell took ninth and Brian McCabe took 12th with times of 3:50.31 and 3:51.50 respectively.

McCabe and freshman Conor Sullivan were also the only two AU athletes to compete on the second day of the meet, running together in the 800-meter race. McCabe took 13th with a time of 1:55.51, while Sullivan finished in 45th with a time of 1:59.18. Andrew Heaney of Nike Club took the top spot at 1:52.19.

On the women's side, Lilley was the only AU athlete competing in the meet, earning a first place finish in the 1500-meter race with a time of 4:31.98, beating Priscilla Jennings from Millersville by a full second. The time was also the top in the PL this season, six seconds ahead of teammate Cathleen Ford's time of 4:27.99.

The Eagles return to competition next weekend when the team splits its squad between the Morgan State Invitational in Baltimore and the St. Mary's Invitational in Emmitsburg, Md., on April 19.