Fennell captures 1500m title at Navy Invitational

Senior Brendan Fennell took home the 1500-meter run title this past weekend when the men's and women's track teams competed in Annapolis, Md., at the Navy Invitational.

Fennell won the race with a time of 3:50.33, nearly two seconds ahead of his closest competitor, Andrew Hanko of Navy, who completed the race with a time of 3:52.02.

This was Fennell's second victory of the season, as he also won the 3000-meter race at last week's Coastal Carolina University Invitational.

Also finishing in the top five for the men's squad were Brian McCabe and Conor Sullivan, who finished behind Fennell in third and fourth place respectively with times of 3:54.29 and 3:56.72. Also, sophomore Dan King finished in second in the 400-meter dash and fourth in the 200-meter dash with times of 50.35 and 23.61 respectively.

Senior Kate Lilley and junior Meghan Mason led the women's team with fifth place finishes of their own. Lilley took fifth in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:21.52, while Mason finished the 1500-meter run with a final time of 4:51.20.

Overall, the men's team finished in fourth place with a score of 57 points, while the women ended in fifth place with a combined 38 points.