Another home loss for women's lacrosse

Eagles fall 17-8 against Towson

The women's lacrosse team fell again at Jacobs Field on Tuesday to Towson 17-8.

The Eagles are now 0-3 at home this season and 1-4 overall.

The match started out strong for the Eagles, with the team grabbing the early lead thanks to a goal by sophomore attacker Amanda Makloid just five minutes into the first half to give AU the 1-0 lead.

However, this advantage would be short-lived, as the Tigers scored three consecutive tallies over the next 10 minutes of play to take a 3-1 lead.

The two teams traded goals back and forth over the final 15 minutes of the half, giving Towson the slim 7-5 lead heading into halftime.

As even as the first half of play was, it would be all Tigers coming out of the break. Towson scored the first goal of the half only five minutes into play to take an 8-5 lead.

Following a goal by senior attacker Lauren Aksionoff to cut the lead to 10-7, the Tigers went on a 7-0 scoring run to go up 17-7. The Tigers' Jacie Kendall scored a natural hat trick during this stretch, scoring three consecutive goals in two minutes.

Junior attacker Gina Ibello added a goal for AU with only 23 seconds remaining on the clock, but it was not enough to prevent the eventual defeat.

Kendall was the game-high scorer, tallying four goals in the game while teammates Hillary Fratzke and Nikki Marcinik each scored three apiece. Leading the way for AU was Ibello, who got a pair of goals in the losing effort.

Even in defeat, AU senior goaltender Kristine Vida turned in another strong performance, recording 18 saves in goal as Towson outshot AU 49-19 over the course of the game.

The Eagles will look to get back on the winning track at Lewisburg, Pa., taking on conference rival Bucknell on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.