STAYING STRONG - Defending NCAA National Champion Josh Glenn has continued his domination this season, maintaining his No. 1 ranking as he seeks back-to-back titles.

Winter weather can't cool off AU athletics

Now that the snow is melting and the temperatures are starting to rise, thoughts across campus are already turning toward spring. However, as the calendar turns from January to February, let's not forget the men and women of AU athletics. It's time to do a quick recap on all the Eagles to see where they stand going into the Patriot League championship season.

Men's basketball Record: 13-10 overall, 5-3 in Patriot League (tied for second place with Bucknell) The men's team seems to be in a good position. It currently has six games left in its regular season. If the team can finish in the top four of the PL, it will host a first round game in the league tourney.

Women's basketball Record: 10-12 overall, 4-3 in Patriot League (tied for second place with Lafayette and Bucknell) After losing seven games in a row, the team has made a comeback by winning three straight games, including one game against rival Holy Cross. It was a shaky start to the season, but the women's team seems to have overcome it. If they can keep up their winning streak, they will be in a solid position to make a run in the tournament.

Men's and women's swimming and diving teams Record: N/A Both teams are heading into the Patriot League Championships Feb. 21. There have been a number of strong individual efforts during the season from seniors Joe Coronato and Meghan Thiel. Both swimmers will focus on winning PL titles and heading toward the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships.

Men's and women's track teams Record: N/A Both the men's and women's track teams have had solid outcomes thus far in their season. The teams will have one more "tune-up" meet this weekend before they head into the Patriot League Championships Friday, Feb. 22.

Wrestling Record: 3-11 overall, 1-3 in conference While the team has struggled this year, No. 1-ranked Josh Glenn looks to be in prime position to defend his National Champion title. The team has four more dual meets before it prepares for the NCAA Championships.