Track seniors run strong in warm-up before PL champs

Senior Steve Hallinan captured the men's mile crown while fellow seniors Cathleen Ford and Kate Lilley had personal-best times at the same distance as the men's and women's track teams competed at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational over the weekend in New York City.

Hallinan was able to complete the race in 4:11.42 while senior teammate Brian McCabe finished right on his heals in second place with a time of 4:11.45. Freshman Conor Sullivan was the third Eagle to run the mile, finishing with a time of 4:17.79.

On the female side, Ford and Lilley were the only two women to compete for AU. Ford took ninth in the mile with a time of 5:01.95, while Lilley's time of 5:04.90 was good enough for 12th place.

Ford also improved her time on the AU all-time top 10 results list. Ford, who was previously sixth, improved to fourth, leapfrogging over Lilley's fifth-place spot.

The Eagles now have two weeks to prepare for the Patriot League Championships, which will be held from Feb. 22 to 24 in Lewisburg, Pa. Fennell, Hallinan and McCabe will look to defend their PL First Team honors from last year.