Wrestlers snap 4-match losing streak

The AU wrestlers faced off against the East Stroudsburg Warriors in their last dual meet of the season on Saturday, and came away with a win to bring their record to 9-10 for the season.

Wrestling by Pennsylvania rules, the match started at the 197-lb weight class with redshirt junior Evan Murtaugh, who took a forfeit.

No. 4 ranked redshirt junior Josh Glenn beat Charles Deighton in the heavyweight bout with a 7-1 decision.

Redshirt freshman Jasen Borshoff (125) followed Glenn with a 10-0 major decision against Steve Gambino to give the Eagles a 13-0 lead.

After the wrestlers dropped the next four matches to the Warriors, No. 11 ranked redshirt freshman Mike Cannon (165) gained an 8-0 major decision over Leif Rushmeyer. This was followed by another major decision by No. 15 ranked sophomore Rudy Rueda over Shane Mallory.

The last dual of the season against the Binghamton Bearcats, set for Sunday, was cancelled, giving the wrestlers a little less than two weeks off before they head back to East Stroudsburg for the EIWA Championships.