No. 9 Irene Schickhardt and the Eagles have now won 24 consecutive PL games.

Field hockey overcomes the elements, stays undefeated in Patriot League play

Tiffany Carter and Jesika Pufnock both scored their first goals of the season to lead No. 15 AU (9-4-0) over Bucknell (4-6-0) on Saturday by a score of 2-0.

Coming off a 1-0 loss at Albany last weekend, it didn't take very long for the Eagles to get their offense back on track on a cold, rainy day at William I. Jacobs Recreational Complex.

Less than 10 minutes into the game, Carter one-timed a pass by Denise Infante past Bison goalie Emily Groendyk to give the Eagles an early 1-0 lead. Although the Eagles did not score again in the first half, they dominated defensively, not allowing Bucknell to take a shot.

Bucknell managed some offense early in the second half, but goalie Alison Fayfich kept the Eagles in the lead with a couple of saves. Bucknell kept pressuring AU throughout the half, but the Eagles iced the game with less than three minutes remaining. Pufnock scored the second goal of her career after a flurry of shots, closing out the scoring for the day.

Fayfich had to make just three saves to record the shutout, her third of the season, as the Eagles out-shot the Bison 14-4. The Eagles will return to action on Saturday, hosting Lafayette at 12 p.m.

Field Hockey Tidbits: The Eagles have now won 24 PL games in a row.Fayfich had just two shutouts in 2005.Carter and Pufnock had scored just five career goals combined coming into the game.Infante now leads the team with nine assists..After scoring 11 goals in just nine games, team high scorer Irene Schickhardt has been held scoreless four games in a row.