Coolio, Korea, Conte... and a Kodiak bear

Let me give you a little insight into what I've been thinking about for the past week:

Why do people in the town continue to follow the Redskins? Don't you understand that Paris Hilton spends money more wisely than Dan Snyder? I understand they were good 10 years ago, but so was Coolio. I watched that Bears game and I've seen Lifetime movies more interesting than that.

Does anyone else miss Bob Costas? While watching the Texas-Ohio State game on Saturday night and having to listen to Brent Musburger do the commentary, it really struck me how bad announcing can be. It's like these guys just wandered up into the booth while looking to buy some nachos and suddenly they were doing play-by-play.

The biggest problem is that NBC only has the Olympics, so every four years they trot him out as if to say, "Remember him? Remember how good he was when we had the NBA, MLB and the NFL?" Then just like that they the take him away. It's like benching LeBron James for the prime of his career, or Ernie Banks playing in Chicago with no help. It's just sad, man. Here's a mind teaser for you: If the NHL starts in the fall, and no one cares, does it make an impact anywhere but Canada?

I have a 61-inch television at my house. That's it, I just wanted to brag.

All I can say is this: Now that there's peace between T.O. and Donovan McNabb, I think we can start working on some of the less important conflicts, like Israel and Palestine, India and Pakistan and North and South Korea.

Barry Bonds is the most unlikable man in sports, yet is on his way to being the all-time home run king. Victor Conte, who owned BALCO, was one of the most likeable, and will probably serve jail-time or at least be put on probation. How does that work?

It was sad to see Jerry Rice retire. He was "The Simpsons" of the NFL. Long career, arguably the greatest football player ever, and while towards the end he wasn't the same, he still had moments of greatness.

Can they ever play another game at the Superdome?

Is "sideline reporter" the best that women can hope to become on nationally televised sports?

Who would win in a fight: Vladimir Guerrero or a Kodiak bear? My money's on Guerrero.