Monday, June 17, 2024

Campus brief: Commencement speakers announced

Tim Russert, Paul Sarbanes, David Inouye and Judith McHale will speak at AU's 119th commencement ceremony on May 8, the Office of the President announced last week.

Russert, senior vice president and Washington bureau chief at NBC News, and McHale, president and CEO of Discovery Communications, will each receive an honorary doctorate of human letters degree at the ceremony. Inouye, a Democratic senator from Hawaii, will receive an honorary doctorate of public service.

Sarbanes, a Democratic senator from Maryland, will receive an honorary law degree from the Washington College of Law at that school's commencement May 22.

Russert will speak for the College of Arts and Sciences, Inouye will speak for the School of International Service and the School of Public Affairs, and McHale will speak for the School of Communication and the Kogod School of Business.

In this grand finale, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick say their goodbyes and give updated lists of their current favorite shows. Listen along and compare the new lists to those from the very first episode! 

To all the loyal listeners, it has been a great run, but all good things must come to an end. However, just like some of your favorite TV shows, a second season is never truly out of the question.