AU Golf gets 2nd place in Delaware tourney

The AU Men's Golf team finished its weekend of play with a second-place finish at the Bethany Beach Invitational in Bethany Beach, De.

The Eagles finished with a team score of 616 (304-312, +40) over the one-day, 36-hole tournament. Host George Washington won the tournament with a team score of 603 (304-299, +27), including both low team rounds for the tournament.

Sophomore Adam Kolloff led the way for the Eagles, carding rounds of 75 and 77 en route to an 8-over-par 152. The score put him in a tie for fourth in the individual standings, five shots behind the lead. The fourth-place showing marks the fifth time in six tournaments this spring that Kolloff has placed the highest for the team.

Freshman Howie Smith also shot well for the team, inking rounds of 75 and 79 for a total of 154, 10 shots over par and good enough for a tie for eighth place.

Sophomore Todd Shagin shot 156 (76-80, +12) to finish in a tie for 11th, while freshman Alex Wenzel carded a 157 (78-79, +13) to finish in a tie for 14th.

Freshman Kevin Horan, fresh off his second-place finish at the Lafayette Invitational, rounded out the scoring for the Eagles with a score of 159 (82-77, +15) and a 19th-place finish.

Columbia's Joseph Kim won individual honors with a combined score of 147. His rounds of 72 and 75 were both the tournament lows as he finished 3 over par.