Sports brief: Lafayette beats men's hoops in overtime

AU Men's Basketball blew a nine-point lead with three and a half minutes to go and lost at Lafayette in overtime Saturday, 93-89. Sophomore guard Andre Ingram scored a game-high 37 points for AU, but Marcus Harley's five overtime points for the Leopards sealed AU's fate. Lafayette hit 11 consecutive free throws to end regulation, as the Leopards clawed back from a 76-67 deficit to take a two-point lead with eight seconds remaining. Eagle point guard Linas Lekavicius then drove the length of the court and hit a layup to send the game to overtime.

Harley opened overtime with a 3-point play for Lafayette, and the Leopards never looked back. Ingram hit his sixth 3-pointer of the game with eight seconds left to pull within two points, but Jamaal Hilliard sunk a pair of free throws to ice the game.

Jason Thomas added 18 points and four assists for AU. Lekavicius struggled all game, tallying just six points and no assists.

Lekavicius, Brayden Billbe, Thomas, Sekou Louis and Matej Cresnik all fouled out for AU. The team committed a season-high 32 fouls.

AU heads to Lehigh Wednesday for a 7 p.m. game before playing its final regular-season game at home against Navy Saturday afternoon. The first round of the Patriot League takes place March 4 at the homes of the two highest seeds.