Count Down: Top 10 Pro Wrestlers

This week's countdown list describes the best professional wrestlers of the past 25 years. The Eagle sports staff has based these rankings on ability, titles, criminal records and glamor. SOOOO, let's got ready to RUUUMBLE...

10. Kurt Angle - This grappler was the first to win amateur wrestling's crown, a gold medal in the Olympics, and professional wrestling's crown, the WWE world championship title.

9. Mr. Perfect - He redefined the role of the bad guy, forging rivalries with every generic white-bread good guy during the '80s and '90s, dominating them with the Perfect-Plex.

8. Mick Foley - Truly one of a mankind, he proved that he could not only have multiple characters at once, but could use his head for something more than a battering ram, as he wrote several best-selling books.

7. Shawn Michaels - The Deion Sanders of wrestling made Americans love and hate him through his countless ladder matches.

6. Macho Man Randy Savage - He introduced a generation of children to the specter of spousal abuse during his relationship with the now deceased Miss Elizabeth.

5. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Because Stone Cold said so.

4. The Rock - Americans smelled what the Rock was cooking, and bought into his wrestling and underrated movies.

3. Bret Hart - He won our hearts with hard-fought matches, and broke them after he exposed us to the "fact" that wrestling is fake.

2. Hulk Hogan - You know somethin', Mean Gene, this guy would have been No. 1 if it weren't for that Knight Rider knockoff "Thunder in Paradise."

1. Ric Flair - To be the man, you gotta beat the man, and Flair beats them all. Wooooo!

Honorable Mention: Chris Jericho, Triple H, Ultimate Warrior, Lex Lugar, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon, The Bushwhackers, the Steiner Brothers, Legion of Doom, Goldust, Bam Bam Bigelow, Doink and Dink, and the Iron Sheik.

Compiled by the Eagle Sports staff.

Have a Countdown idea? E-mail Sports@TheEagleOnline.com.