Sports Brief: Field Hockey shut out Holy Cross, part of a season-long onslaught on the PL

The AU Women's field hockey team continued its incredible season on Saturday, dominating Holy Cross 4-0.

Sophomore Camila Infante netted two goals in a game that saw the Eagles outshoot the Crusaders 19-4. Freshman Maggie Hall and senior Javiera Villagra also scored for the Eagles, who improved their record to 13-2-0.

The win also maintains the Eagles perfection in the Patriot League, putting their mark at 4-0-0.

Defensively the Eagles played well, limiting the Crusaders to just one shot that required a save. Sophomore Allison Fayfich played all 70 minutes making one save en route to the shut out, her fourth of the season.

The game started out slowly for both teams but AU got on the board late in the second half when Hall scored on a penalty corner at 32:01. Villagra scored less than two minutes later, knocking in a rebound for her seventh goal of the season.

In the second half Infante put the game away for the Eagles, netting two goals four minutes apart at the 43rd and 47th minute.

The team is back in action Oct. 23 against Colgate. The match is the last for the Eagles in Patriot League competition and a win will secure another PL regular season title.