Field Hockey proves dominance by taking down No. 20 Syracuse in late inter-league match

The eighth-ranked AU Women's Field Hockey team completed a weekend series that saw it wrap up a perfect Patriot League regular season and defeat No. 20 Syracuse.

On Saturday's first game, the Eagles defeated Colgate 5-2 to finish up Patriot League play with a perfect 5-0-0 record.

Sophomore Camila Infante scored two goals and sophomore goalie Allison Fayfich registered just two saves en route to victory. The Eagles outshot Colgate, 51-2, and racked up an incredible 24 penalty corners.

In the second game, the Eagles faced one of their biggest challenges of the year against perennial national contender Syracuse. The game was tight the whole way, and Syracuse led until the 65:31 mark of the second half. Infante knocked a rebound passed Orange goaltender Betsy Wagner to tie the game.

The game went to overtime, where it took the Eagles just 51 seconds to win it. Infante's sister, freshman Denise Infante, lifted in her own rebound to give AU the 2-1 victory.

The win kept alive the Eagles' 13-game winning streak and put their mark at 15-2-0. The team wraps up the regular season on Wednesday in Baltimore against Towson University.