Sports Briefs

Runners have impressive weekend

Senior Matt Seymour and junior Patrick MacAdie ran the second- and third-fastest 5,000-meter times in AU history and took the top two spots in the race en route to leading AU to a dominant performance at the Bucknell Outdoor Classic on Friday.

Seymour won the race with a time of 14:10.61, nearly six seconds ahead of his previous personal best. MacAdie ran a 14:19.22, also a personal best.

The Eagles also took the top two places in the 1,500-meter race. Junior Sean Duffy won outright with a time of 3:50.23, and sophomore Phil Gaeta took second place with a 3:51.75. Additionally, freshman Conor Lanz took fourth place with a 3:55.51.

On Saturday, AU took 17th place in the Lou Onesty/Milton Abramson Invitational, led by junior Matt Barresi's second-place finish in the 5,000-meter. He ran a 15:04.51, garnering eight team points. Sophomore Phil Turner also banked two points for AU in the 5,000-meter, taking seventh place with a time of 15:23.82.

The Eagles will next run in the Penn Relays in Philadelphia on April 22-24. They will then participate in the Patriot League Championships at Army starting April 30.