Aloha, Men's Basketball

The AU Men's Basketball team will travel to Honolulu this December to participate in the 40th annual Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic basketball tournament.

The three-day tournament includes eight teams and takes place from Dec. 27 to Dec. 30.

Teams featured in this tournament are Hawaii, East Tennessee State, Bowling Green, Lamar, Fairfield, IUPUI and Pepperdine. Pepperdine will be AU's first- round opponent.

The tournament is not only a huge opportunity for the Men's Basketball team, but also for fans. The only thing better than being an Eagle is being an Eagle in paradise. The Athletics Department, in conjunction with the Student Union Board, will be giving two students the opportunity to travel with the team to Honolulu for free.

To enter the contest, students must purchase a raffle ticket. Raffle tickets will be sold during the next two weeks in Mary Graydon Center and at AU basketball games. Tickets cost $5 for students and $10 for faculty.

On Dec. 6, the AU Men's Basketball team takes on UNC-Greensboro at 1 p.m. in Bender Arena. The winner of the raffle will be announced during the game, and the winner must be present at the game to win the trip.

The proceeds from the raffle will help the team by helping to pay the expenses for the trip. The winner will receive two tickets to Honolulu so that student and a friend can spend a few cold winter days on the beach watching the AU basketball team win a tournament while still having the free time to explore the island.