From: The Scene Blog

“Law and Order: SVU” Recap: Dose of Lupone

Note: The following recap contains spoilers season sixteen, episode eleven of “Law and Order: SVU,” entitled “Agent Provocateur.”

This week’s “SVU” explores slimy movie stars and the young adolescents who worship them.

What we all wouldn’t give for an evening with a hot movie star. Or maybe not, if the same scenario happened in real life that occurred on “SVU.”

A 15-year-old girl named Madison Baker (Madison Grace, “Bella and the Bulldogs”) is raped, drugged and dumped into an alley. While she survives the attack, she maintains that she can’t recall what happen, and when she can remember, she claims everything that she and Scott Russo (Shiloh Fernandez, “Evil Dead”), movie star, did was consensual.

Though Scott and his manager, Lydia Lebasi (the amazing Patti Lupone, possibly the best guest star all season) initially maintain his innocence, Lydia turns on Scott after his prosecution becomes imminent because of a video released of Madison and him kissing.

Madison comes clean about having sex with Skye (Jeremy Jordan, “Elementary”), Scott’s best friend and up-and-coming star, and about drugging herself.

After Skye’s guilt is confirmed, Lydia begins to stroke his face, attempting to assure both him and herself that his career is not over. It manages to be creepy without being completely over the top, thanks to Lupone’s performance.

Scott is released, and “SVU” had to get to the moral of the episode. “She found a newer, shinier model,” he says to the press after he’s released. In the end, Scott Russo gives a creepy look to another underage fan, while Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay, “Seinfeld”) takes notice. Though the premise was already loaded, the conclusion manages to milk it for all it’s worth. It’s very cheesy and very “SVU.”

Tune in to “Law and Order: SVU” on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC.

More from The Scene Blog