Letter from the editor

Doesn’t it seem like days ago that we were collecting syllabi and scribbling notes onto clean, white pages? Now, we’re filling in the bubbles on professor evaluations and wondering where the semester went. After 27 issues of The Eagle, the staff over in MGC 252 is breathing a sigh of relief ­­— but like most of you, we’re already looking toward next semester.

For our loyal readers, you may have noticed that some of what you’ve read in The Eagle over the last few months has sparked a bit of controversy. Regardless of where you stand on “sex-perimentation,” the Women’s Resource Center or anything you may have discussed over TDR breakfast any given Monday or Thursday — we hope that we got you to think. And to talk. And to further the dialogue across campus. And whether you like it or not, we fully intend to continue that conversation in spring.

The Eagle staff works hard everyday to think of new ways to engage the campus community. One of our greatest goals is to have a relationship with the campus we cover. We want to reach anyone who feels underserved by The Eagle. If you feel you have a story to tell, or if you have a news tip you want to share, we would be thrilled to hear from you. It is our goal as the campus newspaper to cover what’s important to this community, and we all know that life at AU does extend beyond the Student Government and the Metro. That’s why we’re calling all clubs, greeks, athletes — and everyone in between — to send us their press releases and photos. We want this newspaper to reflect AU as closely as possible, and you can help us do that.

As the fall semester draws to a close, The Eagle wishes everyone the best of luck on their exams and final papers. Enjoy whatever holidays you may celebrate, and keep making news in the new year.

Jen Calantone Editor in Chief