From: The Scene Blog

Preview: DC Fashion Week

With the changing seasons brings the changing of fashion, and what better way to start spring than with the DC Fashion Week? DC Fashion Week starts February 24 at 6 p.m. with the opening night event, vendors and entertainment. Tickets for standing room are free, but rows 1 and 2 are $50 and $30, respectively.

Day 2 of the fashion extravaganza includes a networking party for those interested in the fashion industry at 6 p.m. and a show at 7 p.m. featuring the NextGen designers. Admission is free but a ticket will need to be reserved in your name.

The official shows starts Friday the 26th when the Washington Menswear Collection premieres. Collections such as the Konjo Collection, the Ray Vincente Collection and the Valdecio Collection will be showing for those willing to pay for entry All of these collections focus on high end menswear. The event will take place at the Crystal City Doubletree Hotel by Hilton in Arlington, Virgini and will start at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 for VIP and $20 for general admission.

The next event for the DC fashion week is the Metropolitan Emerging Designers & Indie Artists Showcase on the 27th of February. This show focuses on up and coming local United States designers. Some designers that will be showing are Aalpha Pink, Jeilyne Santana, Jé Michele, and Shruti’s Designs. There will also be special musical guests. Doors open at 6, the show starts at 7 and will be over at 9. The show will be at The Liaison Hotel in Washington DC. General admission tickets are the only tickets that are left and they are $50 per person.

The International Couture Collections Show will end the week on Sunday, Feb. 28th with an event focused on international designer's collections. Designers such as Anca Design, Dahil Republic of Couture, Sera Vero Nik and Styles by Hakeemah will be displayed. The show will occur at the Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon in Washington DC from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and special guest designer, Bata Spasojevic, who participated in The Serbia fashion week, is set to appear. Tickets for general admission are $70, while VIP tickets are $150 and include front row seating, buffet dinner and sponsored gift bags.

Tickets for the week are available here.

scene@theeagleonline.com

More from The Scene Blog