From: The Scene Blog

Preview: Capitol Bacon Festival is the bacon lover’s dream event

4833_bacono.jpg

COOKBOOKMAN17, FLICKR

Did the word “bacon” catch your attention? Good, then you’re just in time for the 2014 Capitol Bacon Festival, held on Sept. 20 in the nation’s capital.

Brought to you by the people behind America Loves Bacon, the festival runs from 1-7 p.m. at the Half Street Fairgrounds. Vendors range from full-service to specialty and include area restaurants and food trucks. In addition to the vendors and samples, the event will feature bacon eating contests, cooking demonstrations and the 2014 D.C. Bacon Off. Oh, and since you’ll probably be thirsty after all that bacon, there will be full service bars as well offering beer, wine and other spirits.

In addition to bacon, the festival will feature live music performances from local artists and bands including Dale and the ZDubs, Higher Education, Raashan Ahmad, Warden, Chasing Verity and Kavoossi Music.

Early bird tickets are on sale now on the event’s website, so if you’re planning on going, buy now. General admission, which is $20, includes entry to the festival and three tickets to sample bacon at any vendors. Otherwise, tickets for samples are $2 each, or 10 for $18.

When: Saturday, Sept. 20, 1-7 p.m.
Where: Half Street Fairgrounds, 1299 Half Street SE
Metro stop: Navy Yard Metro Station, Green Line

More from The Scene Blog