BadBadNotGood headlining WVAU’s fall Capitol Punishment concert

WVAU will host the latest installment of its Capitol Punishment concert series featuring experimental jazz act BadBadNotGood on Nov. 14 in the Tavern.

Doors will open at 8 p.m for AU students with a valid AU ID in hand. WVAU’s Capitol Punishment series periodically showcases up-and-coming acts with free concerts.

While some students may not have heard of BBNG before, WVAU co-general manager Brendan Principato believes in the group’s aesthetic and its potential to draw in a large student audience.

“This is a different type of act that we usually host, and we know that it will appeal to the multitude of musical tastes on campus,” Principato said in a press release.

BBNG is known for its live shows and its ability to rework and remix popular tunes from mainstream artists. Some of its more popular songs are covers of songs such as Kanye West’s “Flashing Lights” and James Blake’s “CYMK.” The band’s energetic live sets combine both original material and these widely popular remixes.

BBNG released an album of original material in May 2014 and have announced a collaboration album with hip-hop troupe Wu-Tang Clan’s Ghostface Killah, slated to arrive in 2015.

After playing at huge music festivals like Glastonbury and Coachella, the Tavern may represent a change of pace for the trio. Nevertheless, WVAU has faith in their choice for this fall’s Capitol Punishment show.

“We are continuing our tradition of bringing excellent artists who are off the beaten path to campus which we feel students will want to tell their friends about,” Principato said in a press release.

_BadBadNotGood will be in the Tavern on Nov. 14 at 8 p.m. The show is free and only open to the AU student body with a valid AU ID._