Eagle Staff Writer
Articles by Sean Meehan
April 17, 2013
SOC senior organizes a battle of the bands concert series taking place here on campus.
April 11, 2013
The alternative rock band famous for their music videos is headlining the last SUB show of the semester.
April 10, 2013
Brad Paisley and LL Cool J’s collaboration “Accidental Racist” and Ray J’s “I Hit It First” both tackle issues that we should’ve put behind us long ago.
March 22, 2013
The free event starts at 4 p.m. on March 23.
February 25, 2013
By curating an entire exhibit of abstract expressionist painting, the Phillips has opened the door to a whole new level of understanding this movement and its individual titans.
February 20, 2013
After hip injury, forced hiatus gives Gaga chance to focus on new music.
February 6, 2013
New songs by will.i.am and Swedish House Mafia can’t compete with the current queens of pop.
January 23, 2013
The highly anticipated singles from Justin Timberlake and Destiny’s Child faced fierce competition from a surprise release by David Bowie.
November 14, 2012
Fine Art for Free rounds up the best free arts events in the coming week to help you stretch that paycheck just a little bit further.
October 25, 2012
Check out the best free art galleries in D.C.
October 11, 2012
The 26 paintings and 11 bronze sculptures on display at the Phillip’s Collection cover the entirety of Kirkeby’s 40-year career.
September 13, 2012
Fine Art For Free rounds up the best free art events in the coming week to help you stretch that paycheck just a little bit further.
April 17, 2012
Minneapolis rock band on the verge of superstardom play an intimate set at Red Palace.
April 17, 2012
Art festival in Anacostia spotlights an overlooked bustling arts community.
April 10, 2012
Plants and Animals plays low-key, forgettable set.
April 3, 2012
Swedish folk darlings team up with British rockabilly trio Peggy Sue for an intimate, exciting show at Black Cat.
March 30, 2012
A look at upcoming shows at the Black Cat and Red Palace.
March 6, 2012
“Afro-funk” big band will bring danceable grooves to U Hall on Saturday.
February 28, 2012
Jacqueline Levine’s exhibit “Temptation” offers a journey into a pop-surrealist cartoon world.
February 20, 2012
DC is taking a cue from several smart European venues and converting an old public space - 75,000 feet of old trolley tunnel - into a new cultural center for the arts.
February 7, 2012
Original thugs Krayzie and Wish Bone united for a too-short greatest hits show after the Superbowl.
February 3, 2012
Cleveland rap group Bone Thugs-n-Harmony will play a post-Superbowl Sunday show at 9:30 Club featuring departed members Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone.
January 31, 2012
Exhibitions include work from Indian artist Anil Revri, Spanish artist Cristóbal Gabarrón, Raoul Middleman and four AU professors.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: Star Trek Into DarknessMay 22 at 6:12PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- TV Pick: The AmericansApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM