Articles by Sam Mendelson
April 10, 2013
Fast food innovations are part of an organized marketing tool aimed at attracting and engaging young customers.
March 27, 2013
When it comes to what tastes good, Jews, Muslims and Christians do not care about politics.
February 27, 2013
McDonald’s introduction of the Fish McBite is an attempt to create a “Certified Sustainable Seafood” option. Mendelson challenges the menu ad-on and calls it a perversion of the food system.
February 13, 2013
It is easy to crucify the failure of meatpackers to prevent horsemeat from entering burgers. It is much more difficult, however, to hold a mirror to our own eating practices.
January 30, 2013
Soft drink companies are becoming the new Big Tobacco.
December 5, 2012
Expensive foods are not necessarily healthier or of higher quality.
November 7, 2012
Returning to cooking can reconnect us with what makes us human.
October 25, 2012
We deserve to know what goes into our food.
October 11, 2012
Artificial dyes have caused bees to produce neon honey.
September 27, 2012
Dieting in America should focus on quality, not quantity.
September 13, 2012
Truckeroo connects us all with food.
April 24, 2012
Student Health Center doesn’t live up to the needs of many students.
March 27, 2012
The killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin shows the flaws in lax gun regulations and so-called “Stand Your Ground” laws.
February 27, 2012
Sam Mendelson takes issue with the tactics of protesters who interrupted Gov. Brewer’s visit on the 24th.
February 14, 2012
The candidacy for president shouldn’t be a millionaire’s club.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: Star Trek Into DarknessMay 22 at 6:12PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- TV Pick: The AmericansApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM