Eagle Staff Writer
Articles by Patrick Burnett
May 1, 2012
The former McDonald’s location will remain empty until spring 2013 at the earliest.
April 10, 2012
Four beehives have been established in one of the open-air atriums in MGC.
April 3, 2012
Sophomore Fiona Erickson will be the next president of the Residence Hall Association.
April 3, 2012
First, there were Republicans and Democrats. Now, there’s Americans Elect.
Americans Elect is a nonprofit organization whose website, americanselect.org, allows voters to directly nominate a candidate for president without going through the traditional party system. It allows any registered voter who signs up on the website to help pick the party’s nominee, regardless of the delegate’s party affiliation.
Some of the candidates for the Americans Elect primary include former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer and former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson, according to the Americans Elect website.
“Americans Elect really touts that as their main headline: get away from this two political party system, where it’s almost as if everyone that’s going into an election has to choose…
March 27, 2012
Less than 400 upperclassmen applied for on-campus housing for the fall, which was the university-imposed cap.
March 6, 2012
Although complaints about mice have dropped, their presence is still a problem.
February 28, 2012
AU’s business practices were given high credit ratings as part of overall good financial news for the university.
February 21, 2012
University College staff and students will all move to Anderson Hall next year.
February 7, 2012
Landlord brought to court over allegations of illegal rentals.
January 24, 2012
Recommendations about AU’s alcohol policies will be made this Spring.
January 9, 2012
AU adds gender-neutral housing to Roper, Nebraska and establishes substance-free and social justice living learning communities
December 6, 2011
McDowell hall will undergo renovations over winter break to fix manufacturer defects in pipe insulation systems.
Addresses student concerns at forum
November 22, 2011
AU’s President Niel Kerwin makes steps to evaluate the ethical practices of AU business partners, starting in the spring 2011 semester.
May work with faculty
November 22, 2011
Occupy AU discusses the options they might take to have their demands met.
November 15, 2011
American University has named Daniel Rappaport and Courtney Brooks sexual assault victim advocates.
October 31, 2011
In order to better serve students, the Site Trip has moved from first-come-first-serve to an application process.
October 25, 2011
University Librarian spoke in froth of Congress to rally support for elementary and and secondary schools.
October 11, 2011
This past year saw a decrease in fire-related incidents, though cooking-related incidents increased.
October 4, 2011
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is cutting bus service to the N8 bus line, starting in Sept. 26.
September 20, 2011
AU’s student-run yearbook, The Talon, has high hopes for its future despite disappointing sales from last year.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: The Hangover IIIMay 25 at 6:00PM
- Movie Review: Star Trek Into DarknessMay 22 at 6:12PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM