Eagle Staff Writer
Articles by Michael Gardner
January 22, 2013
The Eagles remain undefeated in Patriot League play after a comeback 67-62 victory against Holy Cross.
December 5, 2012
AU women’s basketball team to host rival George Washington in Phil Bender match Friday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m.
November 23, 2012
The Terrapins were too much for the Eagles to handle in non-conference action Nov. 21.
November 14, 2012
The men’s soccer team fell to Lafayette in their fourth straight unsuccessful bid for the Patriot League Championship title.
October 25, 2012
Two very late goals pushed the Eagle’s past the Navy Midshipmen on Oct. 20.
October 18, 2012
Men’s soccer remains undefeated in Patriot League play, tied for the top spot with Colgate.
October 8, 2012
The AU men’s soccer team picked up its first Patriot League victory on the season, defeating Bucknell, 1-0, at Reeves Field Sept. 29.
October 4, 2012
Dale McDonald’s 44th-minute goal propelled the Eagles past Bucknell, 1-0, at Reeves Field Sept. 29.
September 27, 2012
First game of Patriot League play for men’s soccer ended in a draw against Colgate.
September 20, 2012
The Eagle’s lost to West Virginia 2-0 in their last game before Patriot League play begins this weekend.
September 5, 2012
The Eagles fell to the George Mason 2-1 at Reeves Field in a D.C.-wide soccer tournament.
April 3, 2012
The Eagles overcame a four-point deficit to pull off a 18-15 win on March 31.
March 16, 2012
Women’s basketball falls to Villanova 58-39 in the first round of the Women’s National Invitation Tournament March 15.
February 25, 2012
AU is the first team in Patriot League history to go 13-0 in conference play.
Eagles remain unbeaten at Bender with 67-55 win
January 24, 2012
The Eagles defeated the Army Black Knights on Phil Bender Day to maintain their unbeaten record at home.
December 18, 2011
Georgetown University defeated the Eagles 81-55 at the Verizon Center Dec. 17.
December 17, 2011
The Hoyas rode a strong second half to a 81-55 victory over the Eagles.
Eagles earn 10th PL Championship in past 11 years
November 22, 2011
Women’s volley team snags the Patriot League’s highest honor for the 11th time.
October 31, 2011
In one of their last home games, the volleyball team extended its streak with a win over Navy.
October 20, 2011
The volleyball team defeated Howard University in three sets.
October 11, 2011
The men’s soccer team scored three goals in the finial minutes of a game against the Army Black Knights.
September 28, 2011
Men’s soccer beat the Virginia Tech Hokies 1-0 Sept. 27.
September 6, 2011
Despite a 3-2 victory against the George Washington Colonials to open the D.C. College Cup, the AU men’s soccer team fell to the cross-town rival George Mason University Patriots 3-0 in the tournament final Saturday.
Eagles fall despite record crowd, salvage weekend vs. Georgetown
August 29, 2011
Volleyball team fell to George Washington in front of a record-setting Blue Out crowd, then beat Georgetown in following match.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: Star Trek Into DarknessMay 22 at 6:12PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- TV Pick: The AmericansApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM