Eagle Staff Writer
Articles by Katie Fiegenbaum
May 1, 2012
Aims to address an expanding student population and current lack of public transportation.
May 1, 2012
Four members of Tau Kappa Epsilon have formally disaffiliated from the fraternity since last semester.
April 24, 2012
The Financial Aid Comparison Shopper, released by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will help students compare the cost of colleges.
April 17, 2012
AU Students have launched a 21st-century attack on the Federal ban on homosexual blood donations. They created a social media campaign that ranges from Youtube to the Huffington Post.
April 17, 2012
Virus that takes advantage of out-of-date Java software has infected 50 Mac computers at AU.
April 10, 2012
Innovative collaboration between SOC and The Washington Post writes the stories about minority communities that traditionally go un-reported.
March 27, 2012
New Italian restaurant La Forchetta opens on property near AU and agrees to limit sale of alcohol to students.
March 5, 2012
After multiple Eagle Rants claimed that the Health Center requires students to get a pap smear before getting a birth control subscription, the Health Center says this is not true.
February 21, 2012
La Forchetta will open in the next two weeks next to Chef Geoff’s.
February 14, 2012
In the midst of a government overhaul in his home country, Bosnian Ambassador Mitar Kujundzic gave a speech at AU.
February 7, 2012
After successfully establishing one of the best private universities in Sub-Saharan Africa, AU ends its consultant relationship with American University of Nigeria.
January 31, 2012
AU’s Center for Teaching, Research & Learning wants professors to be able to use online tools such as Blackboard, Wimba, Facebook, and blogs in the case of a snow day, illness, conference, or other emergency.
January 24, 2012
City testing pilot program with AU and Gallaudet University.
Housing and Dining explores new tactics
November 22, 2011
A pesky little problem has been creating trouble in AU’s residence halls.
November 8, 2011
New solar water heating system will provide 70 to 80 percent of the hot water for South Side residence halls and MGC.
October 25, 2011
The Office of Sustainability has created a new website that makes it easier for students to track campus energy consumption.
October 11, 2011
Many AU students joined crowds at McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza as part of Occupy D.C.
October 4, 2011
Seven new, predominantly student-led Alt Break trips focus on social justice both at home and abroad.
September 20, 2011
AU is now home to the Pie Club, a group that will discuss, eat, make and celebrate all that is pie.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- TV Pick: The AmericansApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Blockbuster films that should be avoided this summer and what to see insteadApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM