Eagle Staff Writer
Articles by Julia Ryan
October 13, 2011
Watch the TV advertisement that will appear during commercial breaks on “Meet the Press,” “Face the Nation,” “The Colbert Report” and “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.”
August 29, 2011
School of Public Affairs Dean William Leogrande and School of Communication Dean Larry Kirkman are stepping down from their positions at the end of the school year, according to announcements released by Provost Scott Bass this week.
In a memo sent to the AU community on Tuesday, Bass said Leogrande, who was appointed SPA dean in 2003, will take a brief sabbatical and return to AU as a faculty member in 2013.
Kirkman’s decision to step down as dean of SOC was announced just a day later, also in a University memo to faculty and staff sent by Provost Bass. Kirkman has been the Dean of SOC since 2001.
Leogrande and Kirkman are the fourth deans to step down in…
August 29, 2011
Incoming freshmen make an impact during welcome week through the Freshman Service Experience, volunteering across DC.
August 22, 2011
Once ranked most politically active campus in the country, AU has fallen to number five on that list.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- TV Pick: The AmericansApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Blockbuster films that should be avoided this summer and what to see insteadApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM