Eagle Staff Writer
Articles by Alex Greco
November 11, 2012
Wisniewski now represents the Avalon, Berkshire and Greenbriar Apartments in the lowest unit of D.C. government.
November 8, 2012
Students and D.C.-area residents swarmed the White House as media declared President Barack Obama the winner of the 2012 presidential election.
Lucero, Wisniewski running to represent Berkshire, Avalon and Greenbriar Apartments
November 6, 2012
Silvia Lucero is running against School of Public Affairs junior Joe Wisniewski in a local ANC race. She said she chose to run for office because she has lived in the community for 10 years.
November 5, 2012
AU will ban all smoking and tobacco on campus by Aug. 1, 2013, President Neil Kerwin announced in a University-wide memo Nov. 5. Student leaders have come out against the policy, saying it does not address concerns about student safety and neighbor relations.
October 31, 2012
Sophomore Rory Slatko and junior Joe Wisniewski are both running for commissioner of two districts in the Advisory Neighborhood Commission.
October 25, 2012
Four students claim that Public Safety officers hid their laptops during a fire drill in Leonard Hall.
October 1, 2012
Four female students were forcibly fondled on Massachusetts Avenue, according an Oct. 1 memo sent by the Department of Public Safety to the AU community.
August 22, 2012
The Eagle sits down with AU’s top administrators to discover their favorite caffeine fix and movie picks.
University was ranked fifth last year
August 21, 2012
AU beat out George Washington and Georgetown for the title of “Most Politically Active Students” in this year’s Princeton Review rankings of the nation’s universities.
Law requires students to switch car registration to D.C.
July 10, 2012
The D.C. Council now requires students to change their vehicles’ registration to park in certain residential neighborhoods.
No injuries or damages reported
June 1, 2012
Tornado watch continues for all of the D.C. area until 2 a.m. following tornado warnings at AU earlier today.
May 26, 2012
AU began construction near the president’s office and Nebraska Hall this summer.
May 11, 2012
University Librarian Bill Mayer will leave AU in June to work at the National Archives. He has worked at AU since 2007.
May 1, 2012
Spending on a lobbying firm saved money and time for AU’s cleanup project over the long run.
April 17, 2012
New Dean of the School of Communications has experience at the University of Denver and Microsoft, among other places, and is an author.
April 3, 2012
Wal-Mart plans to build six stores in the area in the next year despite resistance from some residents.
March 27, 2012
Updated sexual harassment policy was sent to student in a memo from Dean of Students Robert Hradsky.
February 27, 2012
If you’re from NY, DC, MD, VA or NJ, learn important dates and required documents for registering to vote
February 21, 2012
AU’s administration sent an email to AU students to discourage marijuana use on campus, reminding students of the strict punishment for being caught with the substance.
Protestors escorted from the building by security officials
February 14, 2012
Several AU students crashed Palin’s speech at CPAC as part of an Occupy protest.
February 14, 2012
Mission Improvable released a laughter-inducing video that lampoons AU’s local stereotypes. However, the classic “improv troupe geek” stereotype is conspicuously absent.
December 6, 2011
Openly gay Representative Jared Polis, D-Colo., spoke about LGBT issues and immigration reform at an AU speaking engagement.
November 22, 2011
Of the 2,029 tickets issued by Public Safety in 2010, only 17% were paid.
October 31, 2011
AU receives recognition from G.I. Jobs magazine for the second straight year.
October 25, 2011
AU updates sexual assault stickers on the back of bathroom stalls for both genders.
October 4, 2011
On Sept. 28, Five Freedom Fighters spoke to AU students in the East Quad Building.
September 27, 2011
Two employees from the Alta Gracia factory in the Dominican Republic visited campus to talk about how working in the United Students Against Sweatshops-sponsored factory has changed their lives.
September 27, 2011
Two students have established an AU chapter of the popular “colegiette” lifestyle and entertainment blog.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: Star Trek Into DarknessMay 22 at 6:12PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- TV Pick: The AmericansApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM