The Eagle is American University's 92-year-old newspaper of record. We reach readers with our website, email newsletter and print edition. It is editorially independent of the university. The Eagle was named Best Less-Than-Daily College Newspaper by the College Media Association in 2017.
- Our website receives about 50,000 page views per month.
- Our email newsletter reaches about 1,400 subscribers every Friday morning.
- Our special print edition runs once per semester with 2,500 copies.
If you would like to buy an advertisement with The Eagle in our print, online or email editions, please contact Gisselle Gladden at email@example.com or call (202) 885-1402.
In 2016, our website received more than 500,000 page views and 480,000 unique views. It is our newspaper's centerpiece, where we publish 3-5 articles daily.
Payment is due upon initiation of ad run for new advertisers.
- Leaderboard (728px x 90px): $750 per month
- Button (120px x 90 px): $350 per month
- Body Rectangle (300px x 250px): $600 per month
- Article Page Skyscraper (160px x 600px): $350 per month
Our email newsletter, launched in August 2017, has about
1,400 subscribers with a 33 percent open rate. The industry average open rate is about 18 percent. It goes out every Friday morning with a roundup of stories from the week. By advertising in our newsletter, you will get a clickable banner at the bottom of the weekly email for our readers to learn more about your products or services.
Print edition advertising
Our special print edition will be published Thursday, April 12, 2018 to commemorate Sylvia Burwell's inauguration weekend.
- 1/4 Page (5" x 6.8"): $250
- 1/2 Page (10.5" x 6.8"): $500
- Full Page (10.5" x 14"): $750
- Back Page (10.5" x 14"): $800