• I’m writing a paper on the French Revolution. I am officially a cliche.
• yo pals, just pallin’ around
• @ pine wearing makeup. being feminine doesn’t negate feminism. feminism gives women the right to CHOOSE how to present themselves. makeup makes some people feel good. it doesn’t have to be for other people; it can be for ourselves as well.
• did someone actually just compare a woman breastfeeding a child to a man whipping out his dick? I am so done with you all. Seriously. stop sexualizing breast feeding. it’s a part of furthering life. being a perv is not.
• @Open Mic Guy-That was it! I just listened to the original and even though it’s not my normal type of music, I actually really like it. Out of curiosity, what year are you?
PS. That song is going to be stuck in my head all day now.
• Dude. Wearing makeup does not make you not a real feminist. I’m not a fan of Prof Pine, but really? Equating lack of makeup with feminism is such an oversimplification. Makeup has more to do with presenting oneself in a professional and positive manner, which she sorely needs to do after this. It’s really quite different from “prettying herself up.”
• i feel bad for the girl at the kogod desk because she has a stalker here
• @leggings are not pants
• leave sydney alone! she’s writing about what makes her happy, and shouldn’t have to worry about people judging her taste in music. instead of removing her from the scene, why don’t you join it and write about what makes YOU happy?
• I’m trying to figure out what’s the worst that could happen if I started being more assertive about wanting to hang out with this guy instead of just hinting and wasting time thinking about it…
• I smell like boy and I was only over at his place for half an hour, HALF AN HOUR, urgh…
• Dear cute Jacobs boy, You make my day.
• @the other clueless dater: I’ve figured out hook-ups, now those are easy, dating is much more challenging…
• hey roommate darling… you say you can stop any time you want, but you’ve been watching x factor auditions FOR DAYS
• My least favorite part of the day is when I finish reading all the eagle rants of that day and I’m all happy….and then I remember it’s going to be a full day before I can read them again. This is not okay.
• @LDR hater: Um why would you be in ANY relationship if you don’t plan on marring the person?!
• “I know you will never guess that I am talking about you but at the very least I know you’ll most likely see this. I do feel like you don’t care and it sucks. I’m offended by so many things- but I’ll keep it inside.”
Why not be open and honest about it? You might be able to hash things out and make it better.
• seriously, are people stupid? Walking from the berks to the shuttle stop is easily less than a 5 minute walk. If you already walk to campus, I’m sure you can make it to the shuttle stop. If you don’t know where the shuttle stop is, it is in front of Nebraska Hall.
• What the heck is the Compass Fellowship?!
• The frat quick take made me laugh. Frats are still having parties. There’s nothing we can do about it. The sneakier they become, the more likely we will have more transports and maybe even a death.
• “I was wondering why Prof. Pine was wearing make-up on friday. If she’s such a feminist, why did she feel the need to pretty herself up for this interview?”
*sigh.* some people just don’t get it.
• Sometimes I hate going to the gym because I’m overweight and most of the people there are not. Also, the strength area is always filled with gross sweaty men who NEVER wipe down their machine. But I’m so much stronger than I was 9 months ago, so I can’t complain.
• I sometimes get the impression that eagle rants users have never used the internet before. You people fall for troll bait sooo easily.
• And so I cry sometimes when I’m lyin’ in bed, just to get it all out what’s in my head
• The cleaning lady on my floor hates me. I always have to take a dump when she’s in there, and I walk out and she looks depressed about the reality of having to clean a freshly pooped in stall…
• @cutter—I cut for 5+ years, and now have to live with the many scars that cover my body, and answer the questions with on-the-spot lies that no one believes. It’s not worth it, and things will get better.
• seriously everyone go look up the romanized lyrics of gangnam style. HOW MANY SYLLABLES IS THAT?! all i got was “naneun sanai”
• I honestly don’t know why people find me attractive. But I guess I can’t complain considering how much sex I’m having…
• I wish I could remember the name I the guy I had sex with last night…
• Robert Brokmeijer’s attack on Greek life is unwarranted. You are saying that underage students shouldn’t be allowed to join a fraternity or sorority because they will all drink illegally. I didn’t join a sorority to drink—there are different reasons to join Greek Life. Why don’t you get some more college and life experience, freshman, before you go judging people and their own personal choices?
• Never go to TDR around 7pm if you can avoid it - you will save yourself a lot of unnecessary stress.
• Looking back, my ex was not hot enough/cool enough for me. My current boyfriend is a super fine man and he is so much kinder. I am glad things worked out in my favor. Ladies. Think about who you are with and if they appreciate you! Life is too short!!!!
• @“Leggings are not pants ladies. Please take the time and courtesy to cover up your camel toe with a dress or a long t-shirt.”
Nooooooo shut up you fool.
• C’mon people. Let’s listen to some k-pop that isn’t Gangnam Style. It’s time now. Super Junior, SHINee, f(x), 4Minute, BEAST…Big Bang, 2NE1, EXO-K, EXO-M, Teen Top…After School, Infinite, TVXQ, UKISS, Miss A, Girls’ Generation, Sistar, MBLAQ… C’mon! Gangnam Style is cool, yeah, but there’s SO MUCH MORE awesomeness out there for you guys. Anyone want k-pop music recs?
• My favorite pooping spot was the basement of McKinley. sob. :(
• @Leggings are not pants:
AMEN! If you do not have a stick-figure, don’t wear them!
• to the super cute girl I pass all the time: you’re super cute and super intimidating. I doubt I’ll ever talk to you.
• @Someone should remove Sydney Gore from the Scene
Sydney Gore is an excellant writer, and she understands what a most pit is. I have been in plenty of mish pits in my life, and have fallen down in a few of them, but I get helped up all the time. Not all of us listen to Panic! at the disco, some of us like to hear hardcore music.
• Dear science major: don’t let the idiots get you down! Keep on doing your thing. Anyone who insults your classes is just jealous of your intelligence.
Love, an SIS major
• @ person who responded to the gangnam style ranter: if you’re dancing in the hallways as well, then chances are we live on the same hall and maybe next door. But thanks
• Remember when I was so excited about getting a job at phonathon? sitting here laughing my head off about how naive I was.
• AEPhi is getting cuter, y’all don’t know what y’all talking about
• I found a pair of greek letters in this kid’s room and i took them because they were cute hahahahaha i’m gonna wear them with skinny jeans
• @stanky friend, i have a scabby friend
My friend picks at her scabs and it bleeds everywhere when I’m near her- I hate blood- what can I say to her about it? It needs to stop or I’m going to puke.
• My stanky friend has a really dirty room. She needs to clean it because it is starting to smell like literal tuna.
• I am too disorganized to apply to law schools. :(
• To the guy who put a hot dog in the toaster in TDR, that’s not how it works, you idiot.
• I lost my iphone on the metro, and I worked so hard to earn the money to be able to pay for it and my own contact.. so I promise i’m not some whiny rich kid who lost his fourth or fifth apple product… can I just get an e-hug or something :/ come find me on Anderson 6 South if I earn a real one :(
• Our generation is losing their grasp on reality. People think that if they ingnore something, or protest it that they are doing the right thing. People have no idea. Every media outlet lies or bends to truth in some way, its not just fox news
• Ich bin der Kaiser und ich will Knödel!
• Sentences that will never be said:
Who wants to go to a Creed concert?
• “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, make him wait a long time for eagle rants.”
• I’m not sure if I should be concerned that I identify with Don Draper.
• Recently, I feel like you really don’t love me anymore and that tears me up inside because you’re my whole world. Please start acting like yourself again. Why are you being this way to me?
• I really like you but don’t know how to tell you.
• I am a strong, independent, black woman who don’t need no man….
lol jk I wanna a guy to cuddle with.
• Hey, I just met you
I’m going crazy
I’m f***ing lonely
So cuddles maybe?
• Now if we can only get the Muslim world to protest “Rock The Casbah” we can have some real fun and get The Clash played on the Top 40 radio stations again.
• Did the freshmen get hotter or am i just slowly lowering standards…why AU, WHY?!
• “I own a 12 inch dildo and put it next to my roommates heads while theyre sleeping. We are all guys and it was the best $40 I ever spent” - TKE
• Sydney Gore has my heart. Haters can suck it.
• “If you are a straight, single guy here—you’re doing it wrong.” If you want a girlfriend when you’re a straight, single guy at AU——YOU’RE doing it wrong
• I’m really, really worried that my long-distance boyfriend is going to stop finding me attractive when he sees that my boobs are getting smaller and my muscles are getting bigger and I’m losing a lot of the fat on my body.
• Why the hell am I never a priority to you?
• thinking about you both today. and every day.
• I’ve been sitting here hitting F5 since midnight, and nothing.