• @Dear IT, people use torrents for reasons other than copyright infringement.
This is the writer of that article. I reached out to the IT department to find out what the IT department looks for when busting copyright infringers. From personal experience, I torrented freeware (that had rights under creative commons) on campus last semester and had no problem with IT. I didn’t get blocked nor did I receive an e-mail. Whether it was because it wasn’t flagged or that it was freeware, I have no idea. But know that we (or at least some of us) are looking into it.
• Big, is that you ranting back and forth about veganism? Not that I’m a creeper, but I do think you’ve been vegan for about seven months… This is me publicly proclaiming my love for you! You’re the most wonderful! (Or, on the off chance Vegan Girl is not my big - I bet you’re great too!)
• I saw some people ranting about LDRs last semester and I didn’t really understand… I do now. Long distance sucks. I’m questioning more and more frequently why I’m putting myself through this.
• I think I might be over you, but passing you on the quad just gave me butterflies. Well, bother.
• Blonde girl working the front desk in kogod….i want you so bad
• I think i posted twice about the girl working the kogod front desk….im drunk
• @massage giving girl - I may take you up on that offer I don’t know how to find you though so this is awkward
• the new freshman class is so beautiful, but honestly everyone at AU is beautiful to me. don’t sell yourselves short kids, believe you are good enough for any and everyone!!!
• collegiateacb.com - you’re welcome CollegeACB lovers.
• i played the penis game in professor pines class
• Eagle RantsL
• @“Anime society. 8pm Fridays” Nah, not into weeaboo men. I’m too 3DPD. I would attend the heck out of video game club though (subtle hint asking if there is one here).
• An ode to Breastgate 2012:
stop talking of it
no one cares about it now
you dishonor us
• IM DRUNK HAPPY FWIDAY JK NOW ITS SATURDAY LOL
• Am I the only guy here who wants to slather all these fat AU feminists in honey and play some twister?!?!?!
• while the eagle is third rate, I’m pretty sure the #1 thing I’m not proud of at AU is AUCentral. what a clusterf**k
• @Torrent Problems: 1. Use BitTorrent not UTorrent. 2. That window AU gives you, it’s just a warning and you can dismiss it, download your torrent, close the client program, and restart your browser. Enjoy your software!
• DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF SG!
DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF SG!
• Alright gang, for all you philosophy majors out there. We subsidize the Dav, we do not pay low prices for coffee but rather indirectly have tuition money siphoned off where we do not notice it.
• ll right can someone give us the real story about why Eric Reath left as comptroller? Did he realize he is also a women?
• Your punishment must be more severe!
• I know girls complain about the large gay population here, but trust me, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. A lot of the guys here, gay or straight, are just socially awkward no matter what. Is it so much for a guy to just walk up to you, talk to you, give you his number, invite you to dinner, and then bring you back to his place and f*ck your lights out? It’s like chivalry is dead or something…
• @“Yo, can we have a reddit meet up day?? Who’s in?”
This is a disastrous idea. I would never meet any of you under any circumstances considering Reddit has become a haven of le Valve, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, JGL, Cat loving, OAG, Apostelate, Shitty_Watercolor, Memeified circlejerks. And considering that infamous picture of the last Reddit meetup I think my thoughts are justified. DAE GABEN LOLOLOLOLOLOL.”
• If only I weighed 90 pounds and was more ambiguously gendered, then my facial hair would be truly ironic. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS, OH MIDDLE CLASS HIPSTERS
• i have this problem where i think everyone should love me but i also hate myself so i’m not sure why anyone would
• HEY. You with the smart phone. I realize I’m in the minority with my little old-school Samsung, but stop sending texts like they’re instant messages! I can only see one text at a time, and I can’t type a message if you keep sending these one-word little updates! Soon I’m going to have to text-ban you.
• And the quest for packages continues….
• Food poisoning from the Tavern’s chicken fingers meal. Wow. What a great way to spend my Friday night
• Eagle: “American University’s Student Voice Since 1925”? You crack me up XD.
• You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole… wheel of cheese? How’d you do that? Heck, I’m not even mad; that’s amazing.
• @” You’re a boy..you obviously liked me…please stop being a jerk and knock on my door..with love from the girl who you should like xoxoxo kiss my ass” Just for that, How about no!
• Who wants a cuddle?
• True to its new tabloid-sized format, The Eagle has now made the transition from reporting the news to manufacturing the news. They even have the gall to design their cover page out of headlines about their fake controversy.
• Guys: the Eagle Rant editor is pretty consistent. They usually post at about midnight. It doesn’t really matter when they post as long as it’s at about the same time. Let’s all take a chill pill.
• “Hey guys, I heard the chem students here do it on the tables periodically.”
• Wow. My mom took up a part-time job (on top of her regular, full-time employment) and just mailed her first paycheck to me to help pay the bills. I am more fortunate than I deserve to have such incredible parents. All I can do is my best to love and care for the people around me like she does. I hope I can live up to the standard she (and my dad and step mom) has set for me. Gratitude.
• Thank you Mom and Dad for telling me when I was dead wrong and/or off track. Now I can deal with hearing it from my professors. And thank you for teaching me manners so I don’t crack up when I see kids freak about being told they’re wrong.
• @ “FIRE THE NEW RANTS EDITOR!!! BURN HIM/HER AT THE STAKE!!!”
Mash’em, Smash’em, Stick’em in a stew.
• @ “WHY DOESNT FOX HAVE SOUND I WANT TO WATCH GLEE”
Obviously, this is a plot by the socialist, Marxist, Leninist Barack Hussein Obama to spread the gay liberal agenda by making Glee fans angry at our nations most treasured news and culture source, Fox, for cutting the sound.
• Re: person trying to convince everyone that sex, gender and culture is an elective:
Yes in theory a class can be both an elective and a gen ed. But at a school that requires gen eds, a class that is both a gen ed and an elective (especially in a less popular field like anthropology) the classification of gen ed trumps the classification of elective since most students who take the class take it as a gen ed
• I’m tired of your face.
• How do I convince my bf that I’m sorry for cheating on him and it will never happen again? #desperate
• Why am I so lonely when I have so many friends? I never feel truly connected. Does anyone else feel that way?
• @“Thus, the GOVT courses are examples of required courses, and Sex, Gender, & Culture is an example of an elective”. Again you logic applies to about 1 in Pine’s class of 40 students. 99% of the people who take that class take it as a gen ed.
• @guy who thinks sex, gender, & culture is an elective rather than a gen ed: Yes we all know it can be either. But the context of your original post was such that you implied it would be no big deal for people to drop it since it’s “an elective”. You are wrong. Dropping a gen ed would screw up people’s study abroad plans and graduation timelines.
• I vote for the person who promised to get eagle rants up by 5 pm every day. Waiting until midnight is absolutely uncalled for.
• Halloween station on pandora = awesomeness.
• I’m scared to death my parents will find out i dropped out and am only staying here pretending to be a student. Every time I get a call from them my heart starts to race. December, please get here soon
• I have everything I could ever want at this point in my life. So why does cutting myself suddenly seem so appealing?
• to the ranter complaining about rants being negative: stop focusing on the negative rants. There are plenty of positive ones. People help one anther through hard times on here every day. I have been helped a great deal by strangers/ranters on here.
• What’s the best way to lose lower stomach fat?
• I love how on one replied to the rant saying why do we say a woman isn’t responsible for her drunk behavior when it comes to sex but she would be responsible for her drunk driving. I guess feminazis can’t take a dose of logic.
- a true feminist who thinks women should b held to the same standard of appropriate behavior that men are held to when drinking alcohol
• Can someone explain the difference between the acapella groups on campus? They all blend together to me. But I love them all!
• Why is McDowell 4 the only cool floor in this hall? Can I somehow switch to their floor where people actually talk to each other and hang out in the lounge?
• @K-Pop fan - I feel you, bro. I feel you. Shame Intermediate Korean got cancelled this year. Hopefully Gangnam style will contribute, even if just a little, to the overall popularity of kpop in the US!
• @supernatural fans - YES!! I’m DYING waiting for the new season! Purgatooory! Agh, awaiting Destiel feels. Can’t wait. :3
• Got drunk-ish for the first time this weekend. Passed out three times on the metro and peed my pants in public. Lovely. Thanks for taking care of me, guys. : )
• I want to be the one doing the sexiling for once.
• “skin” means skinhead, you dumbasses
• How is it so easy for you to act like I don’t exist? We used to be inseparable…
• The rants I’ve seen in the past few days really make me NEVER want to come home from abroad if that is the place I am coming home to…
• my boyfriend is abroad this semester and it utterly terrible. it’s bad enough him being gone, but what really makes it unbearable is that i have nobody to talk to about it because i don’t like burdening my friends with something that can’t be changed anyway.
• Almost 10 pm and no rants yet. I demand a new editor. One who will post them by 6 pm each day like that editor from the spring semester (Emily, was it?)
[Editor’s Note: Actually I think it was me for most of spring semester. I guess I was better then.]
• If my roommate rants about me using my name (even first names) you will delete them right? What i she pretends to be me and gives fake permission to use her (my) name?
[Editor’s Note: They will be deleted.]
• That sad day when you realize you were a One Tree Hill extra and completely forgot about the whole episode.
• My last rant had spelling/grammatical errors in it because I was very angry. Sorry everyone.
• I’m starting a petition to fire the new, and completely incompetent, rants editor.
• @wants to find the girl who called you adorable
Are you straight and single or open mic guy?
• I’m so sick of people getting stupidly drunk.
• I don’t like South Park.
• Anime society <3 Nerds make the best husbands! Also might check out AU Gamers.
• BE NICE TO THE RANTS EDITOR. WITHOUT HIM/HER THERE WOULD BE NO RANTS. SO RANTING ABOUT THEM IS PRETTY SILLY BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES POSTING YOUR RANT ABOUT THEM. JUST FYI.
• I love it when people type y'all instead of you or you all. #SouthernPride
• DOWN with the eagle for unprofessional reporting vis a vis Professor Pine. A hungry baby is NOT a news story, on a bus or in a classroom! STOP MAKING WOMEN'S BODIES INTO POLITICAL DEBATES.
• WHERE ARE THE SEPT 15 RANTS?!?!?!?!
• Well it's official guys, we made the CNN headline. Thanks for turning my school into a joke. Now please get back to work.
• im sorry, but if your job is to put up the rants, then either do that job or give it to someone who is remotely competent. seriously.
• WHERE THE POOP ARE THE RANTS?!?!?!?!