• @meeting infront of SIS 1145: If this is for me, I read this too late…so sorry. Re schedule?
• this school has made me painfully single. ugh.
• I do nice things for people just because I am nice. I’ve never had an agenda behind why I do nice things. I don’t want anything. But, it would be nice to be recognized at times for what I do. I feel like I am just ignored. I hate it.
• Read the minutes from Student Government meetings makes me lose what little faith in humanity I had left.
• Dear everybody who keeps talking about the election being a “Once in a lifetime event”: It’s not. It happens every four years. Read the Constitution. Sincerely, a grad student who was in town for the “Once in a lifetime” 2008 election.
• Why the hell do all those hipsters smoke cigars nowadays? Oh wait, there is smoking ban at AU now - thank god
• WTF @ the article about SG pushing to increase tuition. Way to stick up for the student body, guys!
• @As a girl whose first name starts with J- Last Name starts with S.
• Guy who still has a thing for his ex. Uggs, she has a bf already! It is time for you to move on—-to me! You’re so cute and funny, please just ask me out for coffee sometime. ; )
• chihuahua paradox
• alpaca paradox
• I always thought I’d be Robin looking for a Barney, but what if I’m Lily, and I’ve just met Marshall?
• @eagleranters that is like, your opinion , man
• this aggression will not stand
• You have no point of reference
• I love the Big Lebowski!!!
• hashtag hashtag
• @“Am I the only one who’s upset about the smoking ban because guys that smoke are SO HOT?”
~Smoking Hot Guy
• I feel so inadequate.
• Guy who works at the borrowing desk in the library - you are so cute. I’m considering putting random books on hold just so I can see you more often.
• I just want to go on a date into the city with someone. Just a simple museum date or exploring in a part of the city I've never been before. Nobody seems to be into the little things anymore.
• God dammit every single time we're on the elevator together or talking on the way to our doors I get toung-tied and stupid because I find you really attractive. Please don't think that I don't like you! It's just that I want to say things that impress you so I wind up saying nothing at all in the end.
• hot ta hot ta help what do i do
• I'm really glad we're studying again on Tuesday-- because it really brightened my mood on Sunday and I'm having a horrendous Monday. I need a little mood brighter and I think our awkward conversations might just be the ticket XD, you don't mind, do you?
• Doomed to be one of those girls with a lot of guy friends and no boyfriend.
• hey editor, what happened to no names on eagle rants?
[Editor’s Note: That is still the rule, I messed up yesterday and it’s been taken down.]
• @ "I miss you too. Let’s talk soon." - What did I give you for your b-day? (so I know it's you)
• I just want you to know that I really like you but am too nervous to tell you. I don't know if you even read these, but if you do and you like me too, I hope you will have more courage than I do and tell me.
• (It feels like this break-up hiatus has been forever. I miss you and just want everything to be okay for us.) @"I feel the same way about my ex. I really hope this is for me! I wish I knew who was writing this!" Sorry, but from the way that response was written, I can tell you're not the person. Wish he saw it though
• @"That awkward moment when your guy friend likes your ex. Not sure if angry at him, or worried *for* him. . . Maybe both?" Hey, thanks a lot :(
• Hey, so even if you aren't speaking English, the silent floor still applies to you. SHUT UP!!!
• I barley know you, but I am ridiculously attracted to you
• "I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS
I’M JUST NOT SURE HOW WELL THIS PLAN WAS THOUGHT THROUGH
you are my favorite person for ranting this. we should be friends
• @SoMyBoyfriend Leave him. He clearly just wants you for sex. He doesn’t love you.
• Thanks editor for posting rants earlier these days. Love ya!
[Editor’s Note: I love me too]
• Please don’t leave me. I don’t think I can live without you… I don’t want to…
• That moment when you’re naked in bed with the most beautiful girl you’ve ever seen.
• These shouldn’t be called Eagle Rants, they should be called Eagle Whines.
• Whoooooooooops I was that girl that goes blackout on a sunday night.
• alrightttt red lets play
• The Bro Code exists for a reason. Even before it was codified, the unwritten rule was clear enough. Best friends should respect it as should girlfriends or exes. Without it only unnecessary chaos and drama can ensue.
• That awkward moment when you feel like you have to restrain your rants since you know your ex looks at them. And, if I’m not mistaken, submits to them too. While this may seem common, the added factor is “SHE DOESN’T EVEN GO HERE.” So yeah.
• @That awkward moment when your guy friend likes your ex. Not sure if angry at him, or worried *for* him. . . Maybe both?: Live and let live. Love is love. Open your mind and heart.
• So Kerwin is holding a panel soon about (what I assume) tuition…guess the protesting worked…for now anyways
• Me too, I’d totally give it to Michele Bachmann lol. Glad to see i’m not alone in this.
• I am an English Muffin even though I’m not English. How is this? p.s. don’t toast me bro!
• I’m fairly certain I’m in love with you, and I can’t wait to tell you.
• Why doesn’t SG create a Men’s Initiative if we already have a Women’s Initiative? Aren’t both sexes equal?
• To the people who posted “Come along, Pond!” and “Happy Halloween!... Lily and James Potter died 31 years ago tonight. :(” in the November 8th issue of The Eagle, thank you very much for making me cry like a baby.
• Wait, so you cancel class on the Friday BEFORE thanksgiving, so you MOVE the paper to be due the TUESDAY BEFORE WE LEAVE? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? contemporary africa blues..
• How many of the kids on that SG council that recommended raising tuition are on the hook for their own bills? Not very hard to blow your parents money when you know where your next meal is coming from.
• Hey Emily Yu, remember how you campaigned for a fixed tuition and then instead called to raise tuition after you actually got elected? Looks like you’ve got a great future as a politician!
• Wow… that horrible moment when two close friends are planning to destroy/humiliate each other and telling you of their plans and you cant decide what to do…
• The SG article should’ve been titled “SG: AU should raise tuition because we’re out of touch rich kids.”
• @Everyone criticizing that girl’s best friend rape fantasy. Rape fantasies are just that: fantasies. I doubt the poster was trying to compare her sex fantasies to the horrific actual experience of rape. However, you have no right to dictate what are and aren’t acceptable fantasies. It’s none of your business what this girl thinks about to get off.
• How do I swallow semen without gagging or throwing up? I promised my bf I would do it for him on his bday, which is this week. I don’t want to offend him by gagging when it happens. Help?
• @Person having dreams about a baby and abandoning it: Dreams aren’t so clear cut. It doesn’t mean you will abandon a baby. “Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted.” Refer to website dreammoods for more info on your dream. I use it to interpret my dreams all the time. Pretty Great Stuff. Hope it Helps!
• I’m so sick of people whining about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
A. It was a symbolic gesture recognizing the achievement of a black man becoming “the leader of the free world,”
It was three years ago. Old meme.
• I don’t go to classes because I’m horribly depressed and I don’t know how to face this
• Justin Bieber just made a big mistake, because now Selena’s going to be ALL MINE!
• So…who’s into some really, really f’d up sex stuff?
• Is it wrong that I’m somewhat disappointed at the lack of kink visibility on campus?
• God I hate Tavern. So damn inefficient and there’s never any Ketchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• It’s never too late to put your pride aside and apologize. The other side still wants to hear it.