• @“Straight Male Liberal Democrat” Us “Conservative Republicans” are not “douch*y” maybe we just have some class and know how to treat women right.
• Team Gale. Come on.
• Start me up, once you start me up I’ll never stop, never stop, never ever ever stop…
[Editor’s Note: You make an Editor cry.]
• I love you to much to LOVE you. Let’s just pretend nothing happened/is happening.
• People complaining about Gym Class Heroes is the biggest first world problem I’ve ever heard. You should feel lucky to go to a school that gives you big name concerts FOR FREE.
• Stop whining, Gym Class Heroes is free. And that student activities fee you all mention? Goes to EVERY event all year. Have some gratitude.
• Cross-Cultural Communications should be called White Guilt 101.
• Sometimes I wonder why the shuttle has another shuttle painted on it. THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS.
• I really hope Lambda Lambda Seahorse will be taking a Fall 2012 class. I hear they’re on the rise to being some top tier ladiez and I want to be a seahorse!
• @im not a witch.
Gotta love a good Delaware politician
• Editor, hashtags for ranters are fine #getyourranton
• @fun. reference- I think I’m in love.
But I like to think
I can cheat it all
To make up for the times I’ve been cheated on
• FRANK CALIENDOOOOOOOOOO
• I saw Nick Rangos at that party too! Best bartender ever
• I don’t understand how anyone would want to be in a relationship. Bein’ single is great.
• @“my roommate has an std and is a slut. i do not respect her and never will.” Awesome job with the slut shaming! please continue to judge everyone by things that don’t remotely affect you and have NOTHING to do with their personality.
• Question: What mainstream bands DO people want to play here, if they hate on everyone SUB brings? I’m honestly curious.
• TDR why do you never have forks?? Or bowls?? Or cups??
• GIRLS POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• So I went the distance. I talked to her parents first, I waited weeks just to kiss her, and in the end you know what I learned? In this world, gentlemen get f***ed. I will not degrade myself to the standard set on us by society though… Never that.
• WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE DEBATING LEGGINGS AS FASHION?!?
• @otheroriginalex: dont worry. I won’t miss this tuesday.
• Yay for art-but-not-art-experts! We could be all sophisticated-like, wandering the halls of Katzen, commenting on composition, while having no idea what we’re really talking about. :D
• is the extremely attractive blonde on hughes 2 really a lesbian? help!
• How about we take all the people talking on the third flood of the library
AND MOVE THEM TO THE MUDBOX
• seriously, when is the eagles nest going to get a new shipment of ice cream?????
• @“I want to get into shape but I feel like if I go to the gym everyone will hate me judging by all the Eagle Rants about how much people hate fat people at the gym…”
Meet us at 6am Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in the fitness center wrestling room. We won’t judge you, we will train you. You’re going to have to want it badly though; it won’t be easy.
• My name is Katie, and that rant just made my day. If you like her, tell her!
• To the person who wants to get in shape but is afraid of people at the gym. I was the person who recently ranted about out of shape people being disgusting then apologized. Honestly you have just as much right as everyone else that pays tuition to go there. Don’t use stupid people(such as myself) ranting about moronic things get in the way of your health.
[Editor’s Note: So many redemption points]
• “I wish we could spend less time talking about what makes you unhappy.” AMEN. In a similar situation, and I totally agree.
• @“if I can see your butt… you’re doing it wrong.”
EXACTLY my thoughts
• @“You know what’s great? Not being a 19th century Russian peasant.”
This made my day. That is all.
• @“Can we talk about real issues here…WHY IS THERE LITERALLY NO FOOD AT EAGLE’S NEST!?”
Back to the TRUE purpose of Eagle Rants!!
• Harry Pothead and the Sorcerer’s Stoned…
• Waaaaaaa. carnivores have it SOOOOO hard!!!! WAAAAAA
• Yes. We hate fat people at the gym. Please stay home. And eat.
[Editor’s Note: Rude.]
• You made me write an essay for drinking in the dorms. Now i pee on the floor everytime i come in. Gotcha.
• @“Kara Thrace” I didn’t think that fit at first, but on reflection, it does! I’ll be your friend. Also, I’m a guy.
• fun. ranter- is that you, who i think it is?
• Girls who don’t like pants should wear dresses. Girls in dresses are pretty.
-guy who is a fan of girls who wear dresses because girls who wear dresses are super pretty-
• Who freaking does that?
• The most basic article of faith: “This is not all that we are.”
• @“BBQ saves lives” YES. Very true. I used to think there was no place to get good BBQ around here… Then I found Rocklands. SO GOOD.
• @“Some Nights” I love that song, I love fun. and I love Nate Ruess in general!!
• I’m completely overwhelmed right now. Being a senior sucks sometimes, y;all.
• The awkward moment when you check out your old dorm room and there’s a Romney sign in the window.
/Problems of a die-hard Democrat
• So much work to do before Friday. So why have I spent most of my Monday and weekend reading Harry Potter fanfic?
• @MyRoommateIsASlut. Slut Shaming is so cool…
• Everyone knows about the smoke free campus plan. I don’t think its any big secret…
• I like the Athletic Department thought the Men’s Swim Team video of “Sexy And I Know It” was a disgrace—but only because Chris Meadows isn’t in it.
• You are just so freaking cute. I enjoy looking at you for an hour and fifteen minutes twice a week. Can’t you just be single now!?!??!!?!?
• @other Starkid fan, Wanna meet at the Dav at 2:30 on Thursday? I’ll wear my rocket ship shirt.
• @ want to hang out with you but I have to play the game: you don’t have to. Chances are if you feel this way s/he probably wants to too
• Why is there no food in the eagle’s nest???? I’m hungry, and i have another day until Mac and cheese Wednesday!! Seriously the eagle’s nest has not been restocked in like 2 weeks…
• @my roommate is a slut: too bad about the std, but I fail to see the connection between how many people a person sleeps with and how much you should respect them. If they’re not a nice person, fine don’t respect them. But how many people they sleep with is not a measure of their worth.
• To be honest, the whole concept of Greek life families really just annoys me. They’re not your “family”, you don’t “love” them. You’ve known them for how long… a week? I just think it’s funny that people suddenly drop their real friends for a so called “family” once they become initiated into their sorority/frat. Every friend I’ve had has changed drastically after they pledged. Where are your priorities?
• “The University’s relationship with the surrounding area is cordial at best.”- The Eagle editors should write this sentence off on their taxes as an extremely generous charitable donation
• You, sir, intrigue me.
• My only real issue with TDR is that there always seems to be pepper on *everything*...can I just get some mashed potatoes or green beans sans pepper please?
• Why is every male on the lifetime channel somehow end up being a cruel, manipulative prick? Do women really perceived men in this way?
• @“Is it weird that I think my boyfriend of about five months is probably the guy I want to marry?” No, but just be careful. Especially if this is your first serious relationship (or your boyfriends). Communication is important. I dated my ex for four years (we were engaged after three months) and even though in the beginning we were over the moon happy it ended horribly. That being said, I really hope that you don’t have that experience, love is a beautiful thing.
• Was anyone else extremely offended by the SNL skit about prison rape?
• Years and years of this…
what a mess you are…
• Great job College Republicans! You’ve forced CASJ/Occupy AU to come out of the Kay Basement and engage in public dialogue! People can get away with anything when they are insulated from the costs of their actions.
• Recently I read that there’s a controversial Mexican maybe-drug-lord (Pepe Cardona) whose first brush with the law was…misspending student government money at the University of Iowa in 1990. I’m now going to assume that all of the criminally incompetent or malicious SG kids I don’t like are going to end up fleeing the law and dodging assassination attempts in seedy developing nations.
• @“I want to get into shape” Just do it. I’m fat and I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Just put on your ipod or watch a movie on the TV and you won’t even notice all the other people around you. Anyone here or anywhere that says anything bad sucks. It’s awesome that you want to make a change.
• @“I want to get into shape” But if you do feel uncomfortable, the best times to go to the gym before 9 am when there’s only old people there, between 3-5 pm since most people are in class, and between 10:30pm and midnight when most people are starting to do the homework for the next day.
• To the person who posted the fun. lyrics: !!!! Are you going to see them in May? I have tickets to both shows and it is going to be insane
• OMG…she is a slut! yeah, you got to Gtown..so can pay for your own birth control
• Hipster girls…you smoke because??? It’s gross, get a healthier habit.
• TIME MCBRIDE should endorse in the SG presidential race. Doesn’t have to be President McBride, just the individual: Tim McBride. I respect him and think he’s done an awesome job. I want to know who he’s going to support! COME ON TIM!
[Editor’s Note: Time McBride = Sitcom spinoff wherein Tim McBride discovers a time machine and explores the history of AU?]
• @@@Tribute Best Friend… Very fair, Hunger Games are superior to Twilight in every sense. But seriously Peeta > Gale
• A Peeta is a pouch of bread, but thats his nameeeeeeeeeee
• who the f*** is Nick Rangos? Can we have a rant page for upperclassmen so we know who you are talking about?
• i love me some leggings as pants.
• A great man once said “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes”....guess I should have thought about THAT a little over a year ago….#YOUKNOWWHY
• Oh boy! I love the “look of the week”, or should I say, “The Rich kid wearing the clothes his parents bought him”. Because all college students wear Dior shirts.
[Editor’s Note: They’re thrifted]
• @I feel like everyone pretends: AMEN. i know how you feel! but it’s the truth. sorry to say it, but chances are it is. genuine people are hard to find. hang in there. chances are if you don’t think they’re your real friends…then they’re not.
• White biddies asking me how my hair got so long overnight.Its a weave ma’m #blackgirlproblems
• Alright, ranters, I need advice: I’m only interested when he’s not paying attention to me. I know, *typical girl* blah blah blah. But I really need to know if I should just get over my weirdness and try dating him or just let it go. Thoughts?
• Ugh if you love Jan Brewer so much you don’t you just marry her. GET. OVER. IT.
• The Eagle is a bad newspaper? True story.
• Hey Casa Negra… Throw the moon party!
• @“Is it weird that I think my boyfriend of about five months is probably the guy I want to marry?” Um I knew the first night I talked to my now bf of 5 years that he was the one I would marry. We talked all night for 8 hours straight and no one had ever gotten so deep into my mind like that and understood me so well. I would think you would know by a week or a month if he is the one, but definitely by 5 months. But you’re def not weird.
• AHHHHHHHHHHH GENEEEEEEEEE!
• @” Your friendly neighborhood McRanter” Students have been trying for years to get AU to be a smoke free campus and town halls have also been held for years. Try and keep up. The majority of students do not like walking through toxic fumes on their way to class. Everyone deserves to breathe smoke free air. If you want to smoke, do it in your own house. Don’t subject innocent people to your bad decisions. I don’t walk around spraying carcinogenic chemicals in your face. Stop being selfish.
• You can always tell a Milford man…
• Daddy horny Michael
• Dave Chappelle needs to come back to TV.
• Should I go to my high school reunion? I want to take joy in seeing all the mean girls having gotten fat. But I also want to avoid any awkward entanglements. Hmm
• @smokers who want to smoke on campus: I’m not sure if you are aware but there is this invention called the nicotine patch. The high you get from smoking comes from nicotine. Scientists have figured out how to isolate the nicotine into a patch that you can wear. These are available at any local drug store. Are you not aware of this invention or do you just enjoy being villainous and causing others to inhale the toxic chemicals you blow out into their path walking to class? I want an explanation.
[Editor’s Note: I like being a villain. I even made a costume.]
• THERE’S A GIRL ON CAMPUS WHO LOOKS JUST LIKE ADELE—anyone else agree?
• @Biddy throwing water balloons with floormates at smokers: Were you dropped on your head as a small child?
• I love Texas.
[Editor’s Note: Reminds me of the one I love * * * * Deep in the Heart of Texas.]
• @“Bear McCreary is a genius.” I was listening to the BSG soundtrack when this came up. Could not agree more.
• “AU library totally has all the books I need for projects. If not, the consortium is totally reliable and gets the books to me. I have never ever needed to go buy books on Amazon for small projects, because the AU library is the best library in the whole wide world!!!”
The library obviously sent someone to pretend it doesn’t look like an inflatable balloon.
• my french class were asked what was a bad newspaper. Everyone replied The Eagle.
[Editor’s Note: D:]
Just copy what The Daily Tar Heel is doing and you’ll be fine miss editor.
• What have some of the outrageous things pledges have been made to do this year?
• I <3 moderate Democrats! They know what’s up.
• People, get with the program and get timeline.
• @“Saw a girl shopping for lingerie on her laptop in class today. Do people really do this?” Yup, I have definitely browsed Victoria’s Secret when bored in class. It was always more engaging than my Econ professor!
• @Straight Male Liberal Democrat
I find you unattractive too.
Straight Female Conservative Republican
• @ “I find myself agreeing with the Republicans more often”
We are awesome people. Come out to an event!