• @giddy over bf: made me melt!
• @@“Since when has ‘being white’ made somebody unable to speak up about diversity?” So you’re saying that only Caucasians are privileged, but that’s a wild assumption. ‘Check your privilege’ applies to us all; we are all attending a private university, so don’t think that my skin color gives me any advantage over anybody else here. In fact, it inhibits me- for example, I can’t form a White Student Alliance to discuss diversity issues, or a ‘Men’s Initiative’ and get school funding… Lol, I’m pretty sure the White Student Alliance/Men’s Initiative is America…
• I just aww’ed at the Editor’s Note about his/her mom saying not to go to bed angry.
• @“it’s good to know some people will get As by hooking up with their professors”: I’m not the ranter, but it sounded like he actually likes her. I know the feeling. So lay off.
• Can all of us lonely ranters come together and be a bit less lonely?
• @“AU consistently ranks on Princeton Reviews Happiet colleges list. Sounds like a you problem.”
Well, there’s your problem. You’re looking at the Happiet list. You should look at the Princeton’s 10 best colleges to meet sexy clinically depressed and bi-polar singles.
• “[Editor’s Note: I have a very robust superiority complex.]”
Yeah, that’s the best note ever. <3
• I wish you would open up more. I think you're hurting and I think I could help. Don't bottle things up all the time.
• @person having loud sex with roommate being there
what floor do you live on ... i think i heard you
• Sometimes things happen to test our character, but just because they do isn't a reason to take the easy way out. Things might be hard, or unfair, but it's precisely those moments above the others when it's most important to stick to yourself and do what's right.
• "Prejudice toward white people exists, but omg if I never heat the phrase “racist toward white people” again it will be TOO SOON." Funny, because my financial aid seems to suggest otherwise, as do my scholarship options and prospects for a decent fellowship program, which all seem to forget that 'being black' is just as diverse as being white. If we want to stop discrimination on the basis of race, why dont we stop discrimination on the basis of race?
• Why do so many people here at AU hate white people? I have tons of friends back home who are from different backgrounds (since y'all seem to care so much about labeling people based on their race). Yet I come here and I've had a very hard time becoming friends with people of different races. I can't help the color of my skin. Why do you hate me for being born? I don't have any prejudice toward you and actively support the cause for more civil rights. So can you please just let me BE on your side!?
• @"I notice a lot of ROTC rants" yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd pass out if I introduced myself to them.
• Dear grungish freshman boy in my theatre class, I slowly fell in love with you and your radical politics throughout the semester and I realized this as you gave ur final presentation at the very last class. i will miss you longingly.
• I literally want to crumple your head up like a worthless piece of paper, and throw you against a brick wall, and then come over and stomp all over your crumpled, papery body.
• I wanted to see if I could go the day without talking to you, because I don't want to come off as desperate, but I cracked. Why can't I stay away from you? I hope you don't think I'm super pathetic
• Editor, what is the rant situation over break? Every day? Every other day?
[Editor’s Note: Not sure yet]
• @introvert who doesn't go clubbing: anytime! it's always nice to find someone who prefers to be alone sometimes
• Actually the myth of not going to bed angry is not conducive to healthy relationships. After a fight it's better to wait a few days and think it over as well as have time to consider your partner's views in more depth before logically discussing it. Relationship studies confirm.
[Editor’s Note: You best not be calling my mom a liar right now. #CheckYoSelf]
• AU Crush makes me a little suspicious… There are a whole lot of Anderson 6S kids on there… I would love to send one in, but if it's set up by 6S, I'd prefer them not to see my message.
• To the Methodists in TDR: If God invented chocolate because he wants us to be happy, does that mean that God wants people who are allergic to chocolate to be miserable? And for those who do not like chocolate, are they, then, evil? I don't know if you're inclined to say such stupid things because you're religious, but you really need to think before you speak. You irritate me and I think you smell badly.
• I wish the blonde girl in the gym would stop yelling HANNAH TRAINING! Every time she exercised…for 3 hours…
• So my roommate and I just made OkCupid profiles, just as finals procrastination, but we ended up getting really interested in it and actually want to see if it works at all. I want to upload a picture of myself, but I really, really, really don't want AU kids to find it and judge me, etc. Are there a ton of AU kids on it? Is it like a no shame thing?
• I'm starting to feel like alcohol is the only cure for my social anxiety.
• Maybe your friends "threw you under the bus" because you're a horrible person and friend. Have you ever thought about that instead of thinking everyone else is the problem?
• @ "My stress ball just exploded all over a library computer." Quit watching porn.
• @Seriously I don’t know if it’s just AU or other colleges as well. It's definitely at most other colleges as well. Look at some of the studies that they conduct on college life ad you will quickly see
• @ witnessed an a-hole from high school. What's the link to it? Let us know who this guy is and we'll take care of it
• @Girls, remember the law of karma. This is the job of a select group of gentlemen making sure that Karma is instituted in full. You'll know us by all the heart-broken girls, but we don't mind, we're just helping our brethren out
• @Obvi you don’t like me, even though all the subconscious signs are there. Don't be a keyboard jockey --put your knowledge to good use
• @My boyfriend and I have been dating for a while. Yes, this is normal for boys to do. It's not normal for Men.
• I took your virginity, but now I don't know what to do with it.
• @Sounds like a you problem. Was this necessary dude? Does it make you feel bigger by demonstrating that you're happy while someone else is looking for direction? *sigh* I guess everyone's a tough guy behind the keyboard…
• @SO WHY DON’T YOU DO ANYTHING CLEVER. Maybe he's just not that into you. Maybe he's tired of entertaining girls who are "energy vampires" that don't contribute to his life
• @I had sex (very LOUD sex). Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger….
• @so no, it’s really not racist to point out societal inequities and racial profiling, it’s progressive. Yep, there you go, just slap the title, "societal inequalities" on there and you're safe
• I think all these lonely people who also seem to be extremely picky is nature's form of population control
• Everyone at this school is too uptight. Calm down, we're not in the real world yet, Enjoy your youth before you over-demanding job and family take over your life
• you are the slowest talker.
• To the editor: tell the republican in your residence that he's a great friend. He should know who this is.
• Social justice is futile and racial/sexual/class/ability privilege is a myth. Go move to the world of Harrison Bergeron, or some equally insipid leftist utopia, you damn dirty hippies.
• I don't know if you read these, but if you do I want to get to know you better. You looked at me this morning so hopefull, and is it bad that I'm really shy around girls I like? You're super cute. Oh well, there's always next semester, we still have at least 1 class together.
• I'm really pissed. AU Crush friend requested me and still no crush? What gives? I don't want to ask them because they're probs one of my friends and then they'll never tell me if someone is crushing on me.
• All I want is a short blonde pale girl with a big smile.
• Free stress, your finals cause it.
Free chocolate, the Methodists have it.
• editor, I like you and your mama's advice. can we have an eagle rants spin-off where you answer relationship problems?
• How do you make the post-hookup run ins not awkward??
• Dear Wellness Center,
Just because 75% of the males at this school are small enough to fit in your free condoms, doesnt mean the rest of us are. Thnx!
• What's with the blonde chick in the elbow cast yelling in JFC? Looks like she's encouraging her friend… Hmmm…
• @"I feel like you smile bigger when you see me smile which makes my heart literally skip a beat. I can’t wait to get back from break so I can see you again and make sure I’m right about this."
I really hope you're a guy, looking for a guy…
• Gonna fail my Statistics class; I really don't want to take it again. GODDAMMIT THERE AREN'T ENOUGH CURSES IN THE WORLD
• I keep hitting my forehead like the stupid jerk in movies. I was stupid today. Tomorrow I'm gonna ask you to hangout, no matter how nervous I am to do it, because we'd be good together. And I know I shouldn't have been so nervous to look at you today, but it's hard when you're so pretty.