Student Government allocated $630,000 for the next fiscal year beginning in May.
The Senate distributed $10,080 more money than last academic school year.
These funds come from the student activities fee each student pays. Student Activities gives 72 percent of the funds to SG, and the other 28 percent to the AU Club Council and Media Board, SG Comptroller Eric Reath said in an email to The Eagle.
The raise comes from increased undergraduate enrollment, according to Chairman of the Special Committee on Finance Al Robinson.
The Special Committee on Finance allocated $1,000 to the senior class to give them a last chance to fundraise and $1,200 to the incoming freshman class to allow them to begin fundraising.
Members of the committee did not want funds to go toward the class gift, but wanted to give councils the chance to fundraise for the class gift.
“People are rewarded for their good works, for their return,” Robinson said. “This is meant to create an environment where hard workers are rewarded.”
The special committee chose to allocate $500 to AU Transportation Organization. The committee felt AUTO did not need more funds because AUTO currently holds $44,433, according to Reath.
Last year AUTO was given funds for purchasing vans, but students did not spend the money.
The new AUTO director Jacqui Langer has been correctly billing for van usage allowing AUTO to raise more money than it spent.
“So knowing that they wouldn’t get [the reallocation] the following year, we gave them a lot more money on the front end,” Vice Chairman of the Special Committee on Finance Bart Thompson said.
The Kennedy Political Union received $800 more than last year, putting their total at $184,000.
KPU spent about 98 percent of the funds from last year according to its budget allocation proposal
The Student Union Board received $1,000 more than last year. The increase in money would allow organizers to book more recognized names, according to their proposal.
Robinson is the sales director of The Eagle.