Wednesday, Jan. 16
A student reported that the tire on her vehicle had been slashed while it was parked in the Nebraska Parking Lot.
A McDowell Hall resident reported her laptop stolen. She had shipped it to the residence hall but found it was not in the box when she received it.
Thursday, Jan. 17
A Hughes Hall resident reported she was concerned about a message sent to her Facebook account.
A tree was found lying in the roadway in front of McDowell. Public Safety officers responded and blocked off the roadway to traffic. The tree was cleared from the roadway.
Friday, Jan. 18
A student reported that a female student was unconscious and unresponsive in Letts Hall. Public Safety responded and made contact with the student, who was conscious but not coherent. The student was transported to Sibley Hospital.
Saturday, Jan. 19
Public Safety officers noticed an intoxicated student exiting an AU shuttle at the Nebraska Hall shuttle stop. The student was transported to Sibley.
The resident assistant on duty in Leonard Hall reported smelling marijuana coming from a resident’s room. Public Safety officers responded, and the RA entered the room with a spare key. The room smelled heavily of marijuana but none was in plain sight. Housing and Dining will be filing charges against the room’s occupants through Judicial Affairs and Mediation Services.
Public Safety received three calls about a fight in progress on the Letts-Anderson Quad. Officers responded. One non-student involved in the altercation was barred from campus.
A fire extinguisher on the fifth floor of Anderson was discharged. Public Safety officers responded and generated a report on the incident.
A student reported another student had fainted during a possible seizure in Katzen Arts Center. The affected student was transported to Sibley.
Sunday, Jan. 20
An RA reported an unauthorized party in Nebraska where alcohol was being consumed. Public Safety officers responded, took pictures of the scene and barred several non-affiliates from campus. Party guests were instructed to leave.
An RA reported graffiti on the first floor of Congressional Hall. Public Safety officers responded, took pictures and generated a report.
A student reported that an intoxicated person in Letts was vomiting in the first floor women’s restroom. The student was transported to Sibley.
A desk receptionist in Anderson reported smelling a strong smoke odor. Public Safety officers determined the smoke came from a smoldering fire in a mulch pile by the building. Officers extinguished the fire.
An RA in Anderson reported a possible drug violation in a dorm room. Public Safety officers responded, but an RA found no substances in plain view. One non-affiliate in the room was barred from campus.
Officers made contact with the drivers of an overloaded vehicle and informed them they were in violation of seat belt laws. The case will now be referred to JAMS.
Monday, Jan. 21
An RA in Anderson spotted a beer can in the proximity of a group of people. An individual claimed ownership of the can but gave a false name to officers. The individual’s real name was identified and the individual will now face JAMS charges.
An RA in McDowell reported an intoxicated student was vomiting in the second floor women’s restroom. The student was transported to Sibley.
Two individuals received a noise complaint after being involved in an argument. Public Safety officers responded, separated the individuals and barred one from the residence hall.
While returning a wallet in Public Safety custody to a student, an officer found a fake identification card. Public Safety confiscated the card and will now file JAMS charges against the student.
An RA in Anderson reported an intoxicated student was vomiting in the terrace-level women’s restroom. The student refused medical assistance.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
A Jacobs Fitness Center staff member reported a student was having trouble breathing in the women’s locker room. The student was transported to Sibley.
A Student Health Center staff member reported a student was having difficulty breathing and was experiencing chest pains. The student was transported to Sibley.
A professor reported her wallet was stolen from her office in Katzen.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
A Campus Store staff member reported her credit card was stolen from an unsecured locker.
An RA in Anderson reported a student was unconscious due to illness. The student was transported to Sibley.
Thursday, Jan. 24
A student reported a laptop was stolen from a locker in the Jacobs Fitness Center. Public Safety and Metropolitan Police Department officers responded.
Saturday, Jan. 26
An Anderson resident reported his roommate was verbally threatening to harm him. Public Safety officers and Housing and Dining officials responded. The student refused to take an emergency room transfer. The case was handed over to Housing and Dining for further action.
An Aramark supervisor reported an employee in Hughes needed medical attention. The D.C. Fire Department responded.
Sunday, Jan. 27
An RA in Leonard reported an intoxicated male student was at the hall’s front desk. The student was transported to Sibley.
A Health Center staff member reported a student had difficulty breathing. The student was transported to Sibley.
A staff member reported a student was unconscious in the Marketplace area of Mary Graydon Center. Public Safety officers responded and found the student conscious upon their arrival. The student refused medical transport.
Five members of an AU sorority reported a student in an online chat was harassing them.
Tuesday, Jan. 29
A student standing at the South side shuttle stop reported she was dizzy from medication she was taking and fell to the ground. The student was transported to Sibley.
A student reported that an unattended backpack and its contents were stolen from Hurst Hall.
A non-resident student reported she skipped a step on the stairs at the Ward Circle Building and possibly injured an ankle. A friend transported the student to Sibley.