The Eagle Comment and Eagle Rant Policy
By submitting comments on TheEagleOnline.com, posting on The Eagle’s social media platforms, submitting Eagle Rants and submitting or contributing content to The Eagle in any way:
1. You agree to not submit inappropriate content.This includes:
- Content that is illegal in any way, including content that is defamatory, obscene, infringes upon intellectual property rights, violates any law, advocates illegal or violent acts, harassing, or predatory.
- Content that is sexually explicit, predatory, or intended to intimidate or harass.
- Content that includes profanity.
- Content that violates a person’s right to privacy.
- Content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification.
- Content that is spam or contains solicitations or advertisements of any kind. This can include irrelevant links, attempts to bolster sales or drive page views, off-topic posts and posting the same comment repeatedly.
2. You agree to accurately represent your self or affiliation and to not impersonate others.
3. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. The Eagle is not responsible for any third party content posted or submitted to any of The Eagle’s Web platforms, including TheEagleOnline.com and its social media networks.
4. You give The Eagle permission to use any content you submit. The Eagle has a perpetual, royalty-free and exclusive right to reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create works from, incorporate into other works, distribute and display any content you post.
5. The Eagle reserves the right to edit all Eagle Rants for AP Style, grammar, profanity and accuracy.
6. The Eagle retains the right to monitor and delete any and all content posted to its website, social media platforms, Eagle Rants or any other online and multimedia platforms. Such reasons for monitoring or deleting content could include off-topic posts or comments that are longer than 100 words.