From: The Scene Blog

Affordable College Makeup

A girl can never have too much makeup, am I right, ladies? Foundation, eyeliner, lipstick and blush -- there are so many necessities a girl must have! But with paying for tuition, textbooks and the #districtlife, one must pick and choose what is most important. Here is a list of our favorite four college-friendly and very low-key makeup brands that will never strain your wallets too much ever again...until you decide to buy their lipsticks in all 30 colors. But hey, no one's judging!

Morphe Cosmetics

Morphe cosmetics wins at supplying the cheapest but high-quality eyeshadows and makeup brushes. Brushes range in all different types, such as foundation, eyeshadow, powder and lip brushes. The prices range from $2.99-$20.00, depending on the brush type. Customers can purchase single eyeshadow pots for a low cost of $2.29. Some of our favorites are Creme Brule, a mauvey brown which can supplement as the perfect transition shade to Mocha, which is a deep, rich espresso brown. For a better deal, Morphe Cosmetics also supplies a Pro Makeup Pallets for $22.99. Each Pro Makeup Pallet contains 35 highly pigmented colors. Think of this pallet as an investment; with 35 colors to choose from, the pallet will last you pretty much the entire semester or summer. Our favorite is the highly popular, always-out-of-stock, 350 Nature Glow Pallet. This pallet is the perfect pallet for someone who absolutely adores warm browns and neutral colors. Morphe Cosmetics only has one store location in Burbank, California but customers can purchase their products 24 hours a day from their website. Check out their page here!

ColourPop Cosmetics

ColourPop cosmetics has a wide variety of high quality products at low prices. Blush, bronzers and highlighter are sold for $8.00. Sculpting sticks for an intense cream highlight and contour are sold for $5.00. For those of you who refuse to spend over $20 on Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, but need something to keep your eyebrows on fleek, check out ColourPop’s brow pencils for $5.00. Single eyeshadows are sold for $5.00, but collections do not range more than $20.00. However, the best selling products at ColourPop has to be their lip color line. The Ultra Satin Lipgloss ($5.00) gives the perfect sheen for a pouty lip. The Ultra matte lip stick ($6.00) and lippie stix ($5.00) give off a matte finish, but do not dry out your lips like other matte lip products. Some of our favorites are The Rabbit, a hot fuschia from the Ultra Satin Lipgloss line, and Vice, which is a pale, warm nude. Colourpop also does collaboration with famous celebrities and makeup gurus, such as Kathleenlights, Karrueche and Jamie King. You can check out their page here!

L.A Girl Cosmetics

L.A Girl Cosmetics gives drug store brands sold at your local pharmacy a run for their money. So far, this brand is the one that supplies good quality products for the cheapest price. Blush, Contour sticks, and Matte Pigment gloss are available for $5.00. Lip paints, lipsticks, and eyeshadow primer can be bought for $3.99. Our favorite products by L.A Girl are their concealers and color correctors for $5.00. The HD Pro Concealers can be compared to Urban Decay’s concealers because of their intense pigment and coverage. They are crease resistant, providing complete coverage with a lightweight formula. The color correctors are available in orange and yellow to cover dark under eyes and dark spots and green to cover red acne marks. Check out their page here!

Nyx Cosmetics

Nyx Cosmetics is a classic college-friendly brand every makeup addict passes by in their local Ulta or Target. Nyx’s foundations range from $18.00-$20.00 and have both powder, liquid and stick. For the eyes, the single eyeshadows rage from $4.00-$6.00, with collections going up to $30.00. Our favorite for the eyes is the Jumbo Eye Pencil ($4.50). This versatile pencil can be utilized as an eyeliner, cream shadow or even a lip color. Another favorite of ours is Nyx’s lip line. Nyx recently released their Lip Lingerie Line (eep!!), which features 12 seductive nude shades with an effortless matte finish ($7.00). Good luck trying to get your hands on these -- all twelve colors are sold out online and at Ulta (trust me, I’ve checked). Nyx just opened their own store in Tysons Corner on April 1, so be sure to check it out while it’s still brand new. Check out their page here!

Makeup is seen as a form of art that inspires men and women to be able to express themselves and bring out their natural features. Having makeup look flawless everyday does not always have to empty out your wallets. Morphe, ColourPop, L.A Girl and Nyx cosmetics offer high-quality products for low prices that can be compared to high-end makeup brands. Whatever the case, always remember to have fun with makeup. Happy contouring!

More from The Scene Blog