From: The Scene Blog

“The Mindy Project” Recap: We’re a couple now, haters!

4838_mindyo.jpg

NOHODAMON/FLICKR

Warning: This recap spoils plot developments from the Season 3 premiere of Fox’s “The Mindy Project.”

“Whoa, Nelly!” Thank you, Mindy Kaling, for writing my reaction to this episode in the dialogue. Season Three’s premiere of “The Mindy Project” blew my expectations out of the water and handedly delivered major fangirl service to those who appreciate Chris Messina dancing in his underwear. Messina abs and butt abound! Thank you, Mindy! But I watch this show for the plot, so here it was, in all of its glory:

Drs. Mindy Lahiri (Mindy Kaling, “The Office”) and Danny Castellano (Chris Messina, Made of Honor) are a couple now, and Mindy just can’t shut up about it. Mindy keeps informing the entire Shulman and Associates office about their sex lives, while Danny is keeping a major secret from Mindy. SPOILER: Danny used to be a stripper named “Diamond Dan.”*

4839_robo.jpg

GAGE SKIDMORE, FLICKR

Nurse Morgan Tookers’ (Ike Barinholtz, “The League”) cousin, Lou Tookers (guest star Rob McElhenney, “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) is in New York City and flirting with Mindy, while providing a studly contrast to Morgan’s nerdy and weird demeanor.

Dr. Peter Prentice (Adam Pally, “Happy Endings) continues his efforts to woo Dr. Lauren (Tracy Wigfield, “30 Rock”), but learns that she and Dr. Jeremy Reed (Ed Weeks, “Flash Prank”) shared a kiss (and a shoulder massage). Jeremy insists that he will pursue Lauren romantically, much to Peter’s dismay.

So, will Mindy and Danny work out their trust issues? Who will win Lauren’s heart? And most importantly, when will we see the midwives Brendan and Duncan Delaurier (Mark and Jay Duplass)? This week’s episode of “The Mindy Project” was high-energy, quip-heavy (Mindy: “I once donated two cans of soup to get into a Katy Perry Q and A”) and full of gushy-sexy Mindy-Danny love. Looking forward to next week’s episode and to all of the guest stars (Shonda Rhimes in particular) lined up for this season. Let me repeat: “Whoa, Nelly!”

*All you really need to know about this episode is that Danny Castellano a) gets turned on by Boston’s “More Than A Feeling” and b) stripped/danced to “American Woman” for Mindy at the end. Both scenes must be on Tumblr as gifsets already. I just favorited some. Oh, and Danny played the beginning of “Let It Go” from Frozen on the piano.

See you next week.

evail@theeagleonline.com

More from The Scene Blog