From: The Dynasty

Trying to make sense of Steph Curry

I don’t know what to make of Steph Curry. 

The reigning MVP and NBA champ put on a show last night against the Los Angeles Clippers, scoring 13 straight points in the fourth quarter to secure a thrilling 112-10 as the Golden State Warriors improve to 5-0. 

Sure, 13 points in a row is impressive, but it’s how he scored them which made it so spectacular. 

Look at these back-to-back three pointers. In the first one, Curry gets a screen from Draymond Green, who forces a switch -- leaving DeAndre Jordan, a center, on Curry. He immediately goes to work, hitting Jordan with a killer crossover-stepback combo. The second Jordan stepped back, the ball was already out of Curry’s hands -- which means three points. 

The second three pointer is even more ridiculous. The same play occurs: Green sets a ball screen, forcing a switch. However, Jordan broke the number one rule for guarding a shooter in the pick and roll -- he stayed under the screen, allowing Curry to get an open look at the basket. That’s a death sentence for the Clippers and an easy three points for Curry, even if he was 30 feet away from the basket. 

Curry finished with 31 points last night. Through the first five games, Curry is averaging 35.8 points a game. On Halloween, Curry had 53 points -- including 28 in the third quarter -- against Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans. Almost everything Curry did that night was ridiculous, including this spectacular layup: 

After last night’s thrilling win over the Clippers, Curry announced that the Warriors were better than they were last year, which is a terrifying thought considering they won 67 games last season. 

I’m not sure if there’s anybody better in the world right now than Steph Curry. Watching him play basketball reminds me of watching Lionel Messi play soccer. Yeah, they’re both not the biggest, or the strongest, but nobody can match their skill level and they’ll both blow you away with some of the most absurd plays that you’ll ever see in your life.

So soak it up, ladies and gentlemen. We’re watching a maestro at work. 

More from The Dynasty