American At War
April 18, 2011
In a photograph dated 1918, a World War I Army sergeant stands over a row of ceramic jugs and wooden barrels, lined up near a gaping hole in the ground.
April 11, 2011
The Army Corps of Engineers’ contractors were excavating World War I chemicals on the South side of campus in 2003 when they made a puzzling discovery.
April 4, 2011
More than half a century after U.S. Army engineers left campus, AU officials began to find evidence of the University’s military past.
March 28, 2011
By the time the Army finished its World War I chemical warfare testing at AU, the South side of campus had become known as “No Man’s Land.”
March 21, 2011
While U.S. Army scientists tested chemical weapons at AU during World War I, one engineer saw it all — even the experiments gone horribly wrong.
March 14, 2011
The Mary Graydon Center once housed the U.S. government’s largest chemical warfare research lab.
February 28, 2011
In April 1917, just days after the United States declared war on Germany, AU’s president wrote a letter to the White House.
- Coke machine vandalism suspect arrestedMay 16 at 5:39PM
- TKE International closes AU chapter amid hazing allegationsApr 25 at 11:56PM
- Stacks of The Eagle’s last weekly issue disappearedApr 25 at 4:22PM
- TKE under investigation for hazingApr 25 at 1:38AM
- University welcomes first new Panhellenic sorority in 20 yearsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- No renewal for Schaler stirs debateApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Movie Review: Star Trek Into DarknessMay 22 at 6:12PM
- Movie Review: The Great GatsbyMay 12 at 8:40PM
- OK Go brings upbeat vibes, confetti cannon to TavernApr 29 at 3:09PM
- AU seniors recreate classic tales from the dark side of theater in ‘Grimm’ capstoneApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU Chamber Orchestra and Singers perform Handel, Vivaldi in showcase of Baroque period musicApr 24 at 11:00PM
- TV Pick: The AmericansApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse Head Coach Emma Wallace signs extension to remain at AUMay 21 at 1:21PM
- Mike Brennan named men’s basketball head coachApr 30 at 6:58PM
- Lacrosse season ends in heartbreaking loss to Holy Cross in Patriot League semifinalApr 28 at 4:51PM
- Maher’s role on the AD search committee demonstrates value on and off fieldApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Lacrosse aims to extend historic season into Patriot League TournamentApr 24 at 11:00PM
- AU dance team makes history with first finals appearance at nationalsApr 24 at 11:00PM
- Op/Ed: Koh does not represent WCLMay 18 at 2:51PM
- Op/Ed: D.C. should spend surplus to help the homelessMay 18 at 1:13PM
- Letter to the Editor: TKE responds to hazing investigationApr 28 at 7:49PM
- Sexual assault is not just a women’s issueApr 27 at 3:49PM
- Staff Editorial: TKE’s alleged hazing tarnishes University Greek life’s reputationApr 25 at 5:00AM
- Looking forward, a new era for The EagleApr 24 at 11:00PM