Heurich House Museum

The Eagle’s guide to the deals and events happening in D.C. on election night

Get discounts on food and drinks by just wearing your “I Voted” sticker

Going to school in Washington has its perks ─ especially when Nov. 6 rolls around. With the midterm elections just around the corner, tensions will be high as the country watches new and familiar faces compete for seats in Congress.

If you are looking for a fun way to watch the results on election night while enjoying food and drink specials, D.C. is the place to be. Here are some great spots close to campus that are lively and affordable for your election night entertainment.

Election Night at The Bird

For a more energetic crowd, Election Night at The Bird is offering a politically-themed watch party will have food and drink specials inspired by the swing states’ cuisine. The Bird is known for offering a variety of chicken and duck dishes, so the menu for election night should be off the charts.

Where: 1337 11th St. NW

When: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Chatter

Chatter is a cozy, brick layered restaurant with classic American food, special drink and food discounts designed specifically for Tuesday and a wall full of TVs that will be displaying the results.

Where: 5247 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20015 - Straight down from Tenleytown Metro on right

When: Open until 2 a.m.

Millie’s Spring Valley

Just a short walk down from campus, Millie’s Spring Valley is a spacious restaurant that has a New England and Baja style menu with lots of choices. Millie’s will be offering great deals on drinks and small plates, including deals on their burgers, calamari and nachos. This baja-style restaurant will also be celebrating election night serving its happy hour menu all Tuesday. Seats at the bar and the many tables surrounding have a great view of the two large TVs that will be streaming the election returns.

Where: 4866 Massachusetts Ave., within walking distance from campus on left

When: Starting at 4 p.m.

Teddy and the Bully Bar

Teddy and the Bully Bar will be hosting deals on drinks as well as $3 New York style hot dogs, $3 assorted empanadas and $7 tomato flatbread.

Where: 1200 19th St. NW

When: 3np.m. - midnight

Heurich House Museum

Heurich House Museum will provide a more hands-on event. This mansion is hosting a free watch party that includes galleries for viewing in between the incoming results.

Where: 1307 New Hampshire Ave., NW

When: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.

Wineries around D.C.

Wineries and pubs are the perfect place for students 21 and up to watch election night. Ana at the District Winery will be offering 10 percent off the entire check for those who are wearing their “I Voted” stickers. Barrel, a bar and restaurant on Pennsylvania Ave., will have $1 cocktails for those donning the stickers and Union Pub’s collections of TVs will all be calling your attention to the nail-biting results.

Attending any of these events is a guaranteed fun and affordable way to watch America’s future unfold while spending time with your friends.

anickell@theeagleonline.com